Friday, April 12, 2013

I had to make sure that Moe got to his new house safely.

Back on 2/23 (which coincidentally is one of my best friends since we were six birthdays) I helped Dani and her family move into their new house. I had helped her pack up her craft room a couple of weeks before that, but the 23rd was "the big day." She was excited, sentimental, and appreciative of the help, and I'm glad I could help her out in one way or the other.

As we were loading everything up, Dani told me that she needed to get Morgan to the new house safely. She said, "I can't leave him here anymore. I want to take him now!! He needs to go up front with me."

After I stopped freaking out and thinking she was going to make me help her dig up a dog out of the yard (ok, laugh if you will, but I didn't know pet cremation was a thing.... I grew up on a farm for Christ sake!), I took her "Moe box" and placed it safely in the front seat of the UHaul. I even buckled him in to make sure that he wasn't going to go anywhere, but his new home.

I know it may sound crazy, but I feel the exact same way about Tayder, so I understand how she feels. If something ever happens to him I don't know what I'll do, so I know she's crazy, but I still try and make her feel okay about it. Because she does me.

No comments:

Post a Comment