Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013.

Ok, so here it is Christmas eve. Does it feel like Christmas is tomorrow? No. Have I watched White Christmas more than once this year? No. Have I enjoyed listening to Christmas music for the past month? No. Have I wore my reindeer antlers, my bell earrings and painted my nose red like I do every year? No. Have I rode around to look at all of the pretty Christmas lights? No. Have I insisted on telling the story of when i played Mrs. Clause and had an elf that was over a foot taller than me to everyone I know and/or meet? No. Have I wrapped presents? No. Have I smiled and enjoyed the snow? No. Have I been an absolute Grinch that snarls at any/every thing about Christmas? Yes.

I've not tried to be all Grinchy this year. Really I haven't. It's just come naturally this time around. I don't know what it is exactly. I can't put my finger on it. I've tried to be holly jolly, and lord knows Dani has been all- "Katie! Quit being a Grinch! Listen to this Christmas music and be happy! Help me with this tree and decorate!" Umm...no. I've done it...completely against my will might I add. I even helped her plan/shop for/ cook/decorate/and set up a company Christmas party. Not a lot of help, but hey it's the thought that counts. Right? But now that Christmas is tomorrow, I have thought about it all. It just doesn't feel like Christmas. I'm not the only one that feels like this either, just to be clear. But tonight I'm going to try to get enthused about tomorrow. Yeah right Maybe I'll watch a Christmas movie, or bake some more cookies, or something. Maybe. Who knows. All I know is that with the eve looming over me, I feel like I should do something. But just so I'm not a complete Grinch, that doesn't wish anybody Merry Christmas, happy holidays, or seasons greetings, I just wanted to say-

No comments:

Post a Comment