Friday, June 6, 2014

It's true what they say about girls and musicians

Every girl/woman in the world finds musicians sexy. They don't even have to be a good musician. Not at all. Oh, you know two chords on your guitar? Great! Do you wanna make out a little bit? It's just the true, hard facts of life my friends. Why do you think that so many guys want to be in a band when they're teenagers? It's not for the awesome roommates and excessive ramen noodle meals, that's for sure. It's because they know that we love musicians too. We don't hide it very well.

I bet even back in the day when people were setting around a fire, in the frigid cold, just trying to survive, that the guy playing the little ditty on his banjo got laid more than any other man in the camp. I'm just saying. You can be a complete weirdo, and if you can play the bass and/or drums, you're automatically ten times more attractive. Hell, what am I even saying? It doesn't have to be bass or drums, it can be anything from harmonica to tuba. We don't care.


Think of our minds like a kind of jumping portal. Oh, you play the keyboard? Well then, keyboards are just electronic pianos. And guys played pianos in the olden days for the women they loved. You're playing me a song on your keyboard from across the room. Ergo, you must totally be in love with me and we should get married like in Pride&Prejudice. Please, excuse me while I remove my pants.

You laugh, but I've actually seen that happen. I didn't make it up. Do you think any of the four guys from Weezer got laid before they formed a band? Hell to the no. They were a group of Napoleon Dynamite's that were so intelligent that they to learned that all they needed to do to be cool was become a musician. Well played, Weezer. Well. Played. I too have favorite musicians. I'm not excluded from this. 

Jack White: 

Jack White is one of those musicians that I you just totally want to bang get to know. I started following his career about ten years ago when I first saw him in cold Mountain. I loved his character- Georgia, and when he sang those old folk songs, I fell a bit head over heels. I had of course heard some of his music prior to that. You know, songs by The White Stripes, especially Seven Nations Army, but it wasn't until I heard him sing folk, that I really became in awed with him.

I bet every woman has been obsessed about a musician that they wouldn't even take two looks at if they were just the normal everyday guy serving them their caramel latte at the local Starbucks. Personally, I'm not that into looks. As most of you know, I worked in a nursing home/rehabilitation facility for about five years. In the process of being at that job I learned a lot about life and a lot about myself. I learned that looks fade and what you're left with is the person. The question is do you really want to spend an enormous amount of time with that person? But enough with the heavy.

Austin Winkler:

I went through a huge Hinder phase my junior/senior year of high school. I just couldn't get enough of them. Especially Austin Winkler. He is one of those guys that I don't thinks attractive. Until he starts singing. He is so weird that every time I read something about him or watch an interview with him, I think to myself- "What the eff just happened?!!" But then, oh but then, he starts to sing and does that weird arm out/make out with the microphone thing and I'm completely on his side once again. I was incredibly sad to hear that he parted ways with Hinder back in November 2013. Not gonna lie, great band, but I probably will never go see them without him.

Did I ever tell you guys that my brother was in a 'band'? No? Well, he was. And by in a band I mean we got him a drum set for Christmas one year, his friend Corey played the guitar, John was learning the guitar, and they were all convinced that David could sing. I used to get to sit in on their 'rehearsals', and I thought that they were total badasses. Being the little sister that I was, I was proud of my brother, and totally obsessed with the bass player (Corey).


I'm sure I looked adorable with my big ole googly eyes, staring at him from the bucket that I was sitting on in our garage. I still remember it so vividly. He used to bite the bottom corner of his lip when he was really into what he was playing, and every now and then he would look up at me and wink. **insert- melt my tween heart right here** They of course all loved to have me sit in and watch them, because we lived out in the middle of nowhere, so basically I was the only one around to be their audience. And may I just say that I was damn good at it to. They "performed" a little bit of everything from AC/DC to Puddle of Mudd. My favorite being- "What's your name" by Lynard Skynard. That one was my favorite, because that was Greg's best song that he played, and David shared the lyrics with Corey. It was like he was singing right to me. Granted I was the only one there, but can you guys just give me this one? And that's where I began to realize that the sayings were true.

Jamie Dornan:

Most people had no clue who Jamie Dornan was until a few months ago. Everyone now refers to him as Phil Spector, Sheriff Graham, the Huntsman, or most importantly....Christian Grey. As soon as he was announced for that women started swooning and googling him to learn everything. He's a very popular model and has done quite a few different things. I'm excited to see him in the upcoming FSOG movie, because Christian Grey plays the piano. **swoon** I however got interested in him a few years ago.

I was on one of my kicks that I get on (just like my Michael Rappaport binge) where I decided that I needed to know everything about a certain person. I wondered to myself- whatever happened to that guy that played count Axel Fersen in Marie Antoinette? So of course, Google. I learned his name and went from there. I stumbled upon his music career, and have loved him ever since. Can you tell that I love folk music? And Irish and/or Scottish men? A little known fact: the only thing that we girls like more than a musician is an accent. Combine those two? **aahhhh hallelujah** Just putting that one out there.

Needless to say the first boyfriend that I ever had (I was fourteen and he was fifteen) played, you guessed it...guitar. Specifically, bass. I think. I know, I know. He picked up his guitar and it was amazing. Well, to my fourteen year old self it was amazing. He knew how to play Guns'n'Roses- Don't Cry, which happens to be my favorite, so, you know.

Bottom line- musicians are hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment