Thursday, January 21, 2016

The randomness that is my existence.

(I have nothing of substance to share).


It's currently 16° outside right now which considering that the day before yesterday when I came to work (I usually leave the house a little bit before 6:00 am) it was 1° isn't really all that bad. I'm not sure how the weather is supposed to go from here on out, because I don't pay too much attention to the weather/ news of today. I know that I really should, but let's be honest with each other- the easiest way to get depressed these days is to watch the news.

But with all of that aside, things have been fairly..... dare I say it..... quiet. There's the usual fuss that always seems to be happening within a family (and I got to say I'm beyond happy that it's not in our house), but for the most part there's just alot of hanging out, staying in, watching tv and eating yummy food. I haven't got to partake in too much of the yumminess that is food in about a week, because the "Winter Stomach Bug" finally caught up with me (I was hopeful that it would skip over me this year- alas, it is not so), but luckily I haven't been "deathly ill" or anything, just don't seem to have a hearty appetite as of yet. Don't worry about me though, my appetite ALWAYS comes back.

A friend of mine (I guess? I think I call her a friend even though we don't know each other back and forth yet) was texting me yesterday evening and in the midst of our conversation she suggested that her and I (and probably Momma and Tayder) should have a movie night. She wasn't sure what I had seen out of Redbox though, but mentioned that she really wanted to give the new Mad Max (Fury Road) a go. I let her know that I had already seen it and actually own it. Her reply was- "Oh, well since you've already seen it then I guess....." And I had to stop her right there, because I had to say- "Dude, I only told you that so you wouldn't rent it, not because I don't want to watch it again- I meant we could just watch my copy." And she made sure that I didn't mind seeing it again and the only thing that I could think of was-

"IT HAS IMPERATOR FURIOSA AND IMMORTAN JOE AND WAR RIGS AND TOM HARDY IS AMAZING AND JOE'S BREEDING WIVES (WHICH SOUNDS DISGUSTING AND TOTALLY IS) AND NICHOLAS HOULT'S CHARACTER IS SUCH A CRAZY DUDE AND OMG WE NEED TO WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY."

Because you know, I wouldn't be dramatic or anything like that. We haven't decided exactly which night we will share in the epicness that is Fury Road, but she's informed me that she's free this Friday and next week and while we usually run errands on Fridays, it never takes more than a couple of hours so it just may be tomorrow night. And maybe we'll have Taco Bell for dinner (wine too, but that's a given). We'll see about it though.

Also, I talked her into giving Bates Motel a try. She won't be disappointed.

All I know is that Momma, Tayder and I have been snuggling down this last week (it's cold and gross out) and I'm completely over this snow and ice (I was over it before it even began). And I know that this Winter hasn't been as hard on us as it has other places (even my loving Tennessee has received quite a bit of snow- which is kind of unheard of- this year), but that doesn't keep me from longing for chilly yet no snow, ice, rain or sleet days. I don't mind the chilly weather, it's all the crap that comes with it that I dislike.

Winter is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment