Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites #2 (for me)- Week of 11/11.

First (and important) things first: Thank you, veterans, for everything that you have done and continue to do!! On this day, and everyday, I am proud and beyond grateful for you.

Remember back when I said that I would start watching certain shows eventually a couple of weeks ago? Well, we finally got Netflix back and I started with.... The Walking Dead (no regrets). Like I said, I've been a switch hitter at keeping up with/watching it, but that all changed the other night when I watched the entire first season in two nights (the first season only has six episodes).

I couldn't be happier that it's Friday. To say that this past week has been crazy and rage ensuing would be a tremendous understatement. And it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime in the near future, so Dani and I are happy when the weekend finally comes.


Our first texts this morning? Me: "Death. Despair. Tgif, man." Her: "You ain't lyin." Because we're a tad dramatic.

We began Christmas shopping and I have to say, I can't believe that it's already November. Where did this crazy (and I do mean legit crazy) year go? I guess I must be getting old, because time seems to fly to me (except at work, then it drags).

....I need doughnuts and caffeine in my life right now.

My friend Dea got engaged last weekend, and I got to watch the proposal.... from 500 miles away. A friend of hers was getting married (Dea was the maid of honor) and when it was time to throw the bouquet, she pretended to toss it a couple of times, and then turned around and handed it to Dea. She laughed thinking that it was just a joke and about that time her friend turned her around and there was her boyfriend with a ring and he dropped to one knee. She cried, he laughed, and I was somewhere in between, because they.... STREAMED IT LIVE ON FACEBOOK. I'm not big on a whole lot of technology, but I have to say, I was grateful this time.

Linking with Heather (and Erika?).

No comments:

Post a Comment