Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Twelve seasons in and going strong. (For me).

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.... let's talk about it, shall we? As most people know it is my favorite show (even beating out Sons of Anarchy which was entirely unheard of until I was introduced to The Gang).

Danielle tried to convince me around four to five years ago to give the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia a go. I watched the first episode or two and then forgot about it, because I have the attention span of a ferret on methamphetamine. I was going to go back and try again, but time got away from me, so it just sat on my Netflix queue for like two years.

Then one evening I decided to give it another go. You can call it whatever you want, the happenstance, the randomness, the.... three bottles of wine, giant plate of nachos, and the winter months later, but once I started it for the second time, I couldn't stop. I had to continuously binge-watch it.

And that was around two to two and a half years ago. (And I still binge-watch it).

You see, the show is tacky and crass and I LOVE it. It doesn't matter how tired or blah that I may feel, it's nothing that Charlie and the Gang can't take care of. While Charlie is clearly my favorite, I love all the other characters too and it just wouldn't be the same without them. There's nothing quite like being "???!!?!" for awhile and  The Gang putting it into perspective for you.

With all of that being said, I wanted to let you know that Netflix is losing all eleven current seasons available for streaming on December 9th. Yes, I am officially in mourning. Lucky for me, Hulu currently has twelve seasons and I don't think they're losing them anytime soon.

Saved. By. Hulu. And to think that I was going to just cancel my Hulu subscription (even though I love it and it introduced me to the series Drunk History). I was going to choose between the two, and because Netflix offered me original series like Stranger Things, Santa Clarita Diet, The Ranch, Grace and Frankie, and numerous other favorites of mine, I was just going to let that be the one that stuck around. And while Hulu has some good movie choices and such, I was still gonna stick with only Netflix.

But now, I have to keep them both, because while I do enjoy all of those Netflix shows I just mentioned.....  I need my Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment