Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The best social media decision that I’ve ever made in my entire life.

Disclaimer: I do not talk about politics in my writing and there are very few people that I will even partake in the “sensitive subject” conversation. And it’s not because I care what people think (I honestly don’t give a shit), it’s just how I roll.

But, that doesn’t mean I don’t laugh hysterically or roll my eyes when I see people on social media making asses of themselves. Trust me, I don’t sleep a lot at night (#InsomniaLife), but it certainly isn’t over my conscience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on.... I got a FB friend request from the dad of one of the guys I grew up with. I assumed that he had seen all of our “mutual friends” and assumed that his son and I had been friends growing up (we weren’t). But, I accepted it nonetheless, because the dad was always nice to me so I figured no harm, no foul.

It is single-handedly the great social media decision that I have ever made. Why?! Because he said the exact thing, to the exact girl that we’ve all been wanting to say for months (and I have, and for some reason she thinks I’m kidding? I guess because we used to be real good friends.... we’re not anymore).

Side note to my grammar Nazi's out there: Before I let you know what was said I'm going to go ahead and let you know that I said/spelled the way they did (for the most part), so you could really appreciate this like I did.

Case in point: **some crap about politics in general (maybe anti-Trump, but since the post is no longer there I'm not 100% sure?) that I don’t bother with, because I think you can have your opinion without being a bag of dicks about it**

Her: I can’t wait until he fails. I’m gonna rub so many peoples faces in it, I love being right.

Him: Umm.... I honestly don’t care where anybody stands on the political spectrum (for the most part, as long as you’re not a shitty person), but whether you like him or not, Trump is still the President and wanting him to “fail” is like flying in a plane over the Atlantic Ocean and saying, “I hate this pilot. I hope he crashes so people will know he’s an idiot.” I mean, you do realize that everybody in the plane goes down with him.... right?

Her: Of course you would take his side, your an idiot just like him.

Him: I’m not taking his side, I’m taking the side of I don’t wanna f*cking crash and burn, because somebody hates the pilot.

Her: Oh yeah?! Well, did you know that unemployment is at the highest rate that it’s been since the Great Depression?!

Him: That is legitimately not surprising to me, but did you ever think that it’s been increasing for years and unfortunately no matter how many jobs are created and/or offered, we live in a general lazy/ungrateful society where people want to be taken care of instead of working for a living? 

Her: Of course, your one of “those people” that takes the side of people who don’t wanna help. I’ll have you know, other than housing, transportation, utilities, and child care, the only Government assistance I get is food stamps. I don’t receive child support or anything like that. So, you can stop with the whole trying to make me feel bad thing.

Him: Ok, look. 

#1: I have no problem helping people. I believe that we all need help sometimes and I am more than happy to help those who are in need.
#2: Child support is not Government assistance. Yes, it goes through a court system, but it is taken directly from someone’s wage, there is not a program set aside for it. Also, in order to receive child support, at least one of the parents have to be employed, and as we’ve established, that’s difficult to come by these days. 
#3: What else is there to need help on aside from housing, transportation, utilities, child care, and food? I’m not trying to be a smartass, I am legitimately curious.
#4: I wasn’t talking about you in the least little bit. In fact, I didn’t even realize who posted this until after I replied, I just noticed and shared my opinion.... but you seemed to have taken it very personally, so I guess, if the boot fits you should should lace that bitch up and strut around in it.

Her: Your an ignerant asshole.

Him: Ov vey. 

#1: I can’t take this anymore.... it’s you are or you’re not your.
#2: You spelled ignorant wrong. In fact, your spelling and grammar in general is atrocious. If you’re going to try to make someone feel and/or sound like they don’t have quite as high of an IQ as you do, or that they are not as educated, and you're (note: you're NOT your) trying to make them feel inferior to you, spell check is probably something that you should look into.

Her: Oh yeah, you should really be talking about other people, your sons are ridiculous.

Him: Yes, they are ridiculous. My oldest boy has held a full time job since he was seventeen and raises his son on his own, because the mother ran off. My youngest boy got into some trouble when he was around nineteen (you should know, you both were arrested the same weekend.... your charges much more serious, of course, but still within the same weekend) and since then he has been living a sober life, holding down a full time job, and helps his brother with his nephew as often as possible. Damn boys, can’t teach them anything.... it’s almost like they wanted to grow up to be productive members of society. What a couple of losers.... as opposed to you, right?

Her: Exactly. I’m a proud mother that holds her family down. 

Him: Yeah.... I mean, from social media alone in the last week I’ve learned that you’re pregnant with your fifth kid (third man, because the other two are in jail for making/selling meth.... the new one has been out for a couple of months), you’ve never held a full-time job in your entire life, haven’t held a part-time job since you were nineteen (and only had that for around three months), and that according to your “employment section” of your profile, you’re still “undecided.” Which is funny, because when you were a senior in high school you told me that you were still “undecided” and here we are almost exactly ten years later. You’re almost thirty, shouldn’t you have decided by now?

Her: ........ *unfriends him and deletes entire post*

Him: Victory is mine. (Or, I mean, that’s what I imagine he said/felt).

No comments:

Post a Comment