Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day weekend: 2018. The good, the bad, and the sleepy.

I would like to tell y'all that this Memorial Day weekend creeped by and went off without a hitch. I would like to say that getting off work at 1:30 last Friday made all the difference and it feels like I haven't been to work in FOREVER.

I would love to tell you all of that. But I can't.... because that would be a lie.

Y'all, it literally feels like I just walked out of here and I'm not even sure where the last three days went?! I know that there was alot of yard work, waking up early, cleaning, being incredibly hot/sweaty from the heat/humidity, a cookout and general randomness within those days. But, you could've fooled me, because I was so damn busy all of that just kind of runs together and I'm like whaaa???....

I had a masterful plan of not doing anything and ended up doing the exact opposite of that.

I mowed grass on Tuesday so I wouldn't have to do it for awhile.... but ended up mowing it on Saturday. I planned on taking a whole day "off" and not doing anything at all.... and ended up pulling weeds, dealing with the garden/plants/flowers in the front and back of our house, picking up trash, and removing an entire small tree from our fenceline (and it was a bitch).

Honestly, there was just alot happening and I may or may not have pulled a shoulder muscle.... the jury is still out on that one.

Oh, and on Sunday during our annual Memorial Day family cookout (at Aunt Poot & Uncle D's), we were getting ready to leave and I accidentally locked my keys in my RUNNING car. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that my family reminding me of it is going to be a daily thing for a long while. (Lots of "don't forget to take your keys everywhere when you get out of the car at all times!" happening). Luckily, three guys come over to hang out with my cousin and one of them with a somewhat criminal/shady past got my car unlocked for me and we didn't have to call anyone or break anything! Thanks, dude!

Basically, it was nice to have the time off, but it just seemed like there wasn't enough of it! Then again, there never is.

And now?! Back to the old salt mines for four days. (Side note: I fixed Momma's wheelchair yesterday, so score one for the home team! I had to take one whole side apart to fix the arm, but it's fixed now!! Just call me MacGyver).

No comments:

Post a Comment