Monday, January 28, 2019

A typical Monday conversation with UR. ❓❗️ (Mondays are not our friend).

*come Monday morning, confusion from last week and the weekend have culminated*

UR: I need to talk to you about some billing.... one of us have messed it up pretty bad.
Me: Ok.... what's the project name?
UR: Ok.... me, I have it messed up. Let me just go get it, I'll be right back.
***ten minutes later***
UR: Here it is. I have this amount, but the subcontract has this price. Why do we have AIA's that say differently?!
Me: Because there was a change order increasing the original contract amount to what we have billed.
UR: But, not everything has been billed.
Me: Yes, it has. You're missing a invoice.
UR: Oh.... that makes more sense. So, what about these other two projects? Have all three been billed out? I'm needing to know to make sure that I haven't gotten any projects criss-crossed.
Me: Let me check on all three of them. I'll need to look in our system and then pull some bills and I'll let you know.
***ten minutes later***
Me: Yes, all three projects have been billed out complete. I sent the company all the billing between November and December.
UR: That's great! Thank you!
Me: You're welcome. Anything else?
UR: Yeah, quick question.... why did we bill the jobs out complete when we have haven't even started one of them?
Me: ................ UR: ................ Me: ................... UR: .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment