Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Our first vacation together.

This month (3/17-3/24), D and I took our very first vacation together. Technically, I did go on vacation with his family when we were teenagers (to Crystal River and it still remains one of my very favorite trips to date), but as far as just the two of us together, it was the first.

Given the current situation in the US and around the world right now (COVID-19) it may have seemed like a strange trip to make, but honestly, we had this trip planned for around six months, so we just followed through with it.

We decided to go visit his family, because with the exception of his parents, he hadn't had the opportunity to see any of his other family members in over a year. With this came an eighteen hour drive (each way) and a whole lot of fun.

I hadn't been back to FL since Momma and I moved 12+ years ago, so while it was surreal, it was great to see everyone that we love (with the exception of a few that we didn't get a chance to hang out with).

While the traveling part was exhausting, it was so more than worth it. We got to stay with his mom and stepdad (two people that  I absolutely love) and saw the majority of everyone that D was really looking forward to seeing. I even got to see my Uncle Wayne for awhile!

We got to meet our newest nephew, Colton, and see his baby sister all adorable and six months pregnant. We all laughed, played games, drank, hung out, and basically just had a fun time together. Not to mention, I got to meet some people that are really close to D that I hadn't had the chance to.

We headed home before the states got locked down (literally the day before), and we can't wait to see everyone again.... hopefully soon!! It was strange driving on the damn near empty highways, and D broke his toe, but all in all, I'd call it a pretty successful trip. (We even made like eight pounds of jerky for my little prego sister-in-law before we left our house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment