Sunday, March 5, 2023

Senor Fancypants and his little gremlin hit the town... looking extra and shit.

We went to my company's gala event this year... ok, it's not my company's event, but it's an event my company sponsors and attends? 

Following so far? Cool.

The point is, this was the first year Dev and I were invited and to say we were a bit out of our element would be an understatement. I mean, if you need to know the levels of the class where we reside versus what was all around us let me reiterate a little something that happened that should explain it all.

Me: *picks up tiny little round ball of whatever is on a little plate on our table, twirls it around and inspects it* "Dani... what's this?"
Dani: "That's butter, Katie!"

See, even their butter was so fancy it threw me off. 

We had a nice time though. Definitely different and nothing we're used to, but nice all the same. We agreed that getting all dressed up and going out somewhere to feel fancy was fun and we should definitely do it more often... even if it's not a charity and/or work event. 

Can't you just see us all decked out in all our extraness pulling up to the KFC? Pfsh, I can. 

Well, that is if D and I could eat fast food without our stomachs revolting. Eh, tomato, potato.

We spent a few hours with the crew and then we all decided to head out early. I think we all left between 8:00-8:30? It wasn't that we weren't having a nice time, we were all just tired and had other plans.

Kind of... D and I didn't really have any other plans except to hang out with our pups in pjs, catch a buzz, and cuddle where the warmth and cookies didn't end. Probably how I got started watching Hawaii Five-0 from the beginning all over again. I'm not even sorry about it, because now D gets to join in on the fun. He's seen episodes here and there with me, but never from the start.

I even tried to be a fancy adult and have a cocktail... vodka and cranberry, because isn't that the ultimate safety drink? Yeah, well, not for me it isn't apparently. I took like two-three sips of that thing and couldn't do it. Truly, I mean I physically couldn't choke it down and my stomach was like nah bro. I swear, the Katie from two years ago wouldn't even recognize lightweight me. D enjoyed his two cocktails and said he wouldn't be doing that again once we got home. The more you know.

So yeah, we got all fancy looking and froze our patooties off for an evening, but all in all it was different and we had a good time. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some cuddles to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment