Friday, December 29, 2023

Meeting Baby J and other happenings leaving 2023.

Y'all, 2023 is coming to its end and we closed out the year (or, we're in the process of closing it) with getting to meet the newest little Glisson member. He was born on Tuesday 12/26 and when I tell you he is about the best natured baby I've ever met in my entire life, I ain't playing.

Meet- Jensen. JT. Baby J. Glissonbug. 

Whichever we choose to call him at whatever point (we've had over nine months to come up with these nicknames), he just coos and scrunches his little nose up. It's so f*cking adorable. 

Dev and I were so damn excited to meet the little guy. 

We weren't sure how the hospitals work when you deliver these days (after Covid everything changed, when his sister gave birth last time, they barely let her husband in the room), so we didn't go there (we didn't want to kick any parents or such out to visit), but yesterday they had been home for about eighteen hours and invited us over... so over we went!

It was amazing to meet the human Mace has been growing this whole time and getting to see them interact and Trav handle his first baby, it was just an incredible thing to be apart of. Dev and I even got a little teary-eyed on a few occasions and honestly, I didn't know we were that age yet but I'm good with it.

When I was younger, being around babies and kids got on my nerves. On so many levels it was insane and I felt like such an asshole at all times. I know that's harsh and mean, but it's accurate. I thought they were too loud and too wild and honestly, just too much. However, as I've gotten older, I've come to the realization that I do like babies and kids... I just needed to age into my patience for them.

Don't get me wrong, we're still very much on the "we're not having kids" train because we do not want any of our own, but it is nice that we can spend time with the ones we love and enjoy that time and watch them grow into full ass people. It's fun and exciting and emotional. 

Being Uncle Devon and Aunt Katie is a wild ride and we wear those badges with love, honor, and pride.

Aside from meeting Baby J, we have a busy weekend ahead of us leading out of 2023.

Dev and I have some WRTTMM errands to run and then tomorrow we're helping out my cousin, Bonehead, with his move. It's going to be a whole lot but hopefully, we'll get it at a good spot for him and make life a little less chaotic.

After that, the plans are kind of up in the air. We don't have anything "planned" for Sunday but we usually tend to spend it running our store errands or chilling with each other at the house. Depending on how long we're helping Bonehead tomorrow, I may see if we can just stop at the store and at Patsy's (I need to see if she'll go with us to have my phone switched over) on the way home so we don't even have to leave our house at all Sunday or Monday.

Like I said, Sunday is still debatable. Monday, however? We're staying home and not leaving our house AT ALL for anything. Not debatable. We literally started off 2023 getting brutally attacked by a hobo and frankly, we ain't trying to relive that life. We learned our lesson and will be spending our time inside with each other and our pups and ignoring the outside world.

Just the way we like it. Besides, we got Dev a bunch of new tattoo ink that I know he's itching to try out, so we'll probably be spending some Saturday evening, Sunday, and Monday time doing that. Hanging out, together, while my hubby makes me a human art gallery (that's how I feel and I love it!).

Christmas was... interesting and eye-opening. Definitely learned some things. Not anything bad or upsetting concerning my direct family, but certainly some things that throw change into action for the future.

Here's to all of us. We're two days away from 2024, and we're all literally just hoping for the best. It's been a rough year for everyone (it's been a shit year for us but I know it is not exclusive to us), but we're all trying to pull through and do our best.

And until then, I'll be busy getting hubby and pup snuggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment