You ever spent your whole life believing you descended from white trash and then get confirmation that really you just descended from disgusting people? Humbling, honestly. Got the confirmation, it's noted, and moving forward will be adjusted accordingly.
Moving on... we officially have walls, y'all! Building our forever home has certainly been a process... and while we still have a LONG way to go, the fact that it's coming together and taking shape is a beautiful experience. Watching my hubby build us a house with his two bare hands? Hot bonus.
And I do mean hot... because you know... it's Florida outside, dude.
We'll be looking at ceiling materials, bathroom capabilities, and carports soon enough. Oh... and your girl needs a bed. So put that on the list. Actually, the list is long, so I'll keep track... kind of.
I found out yesterday that I'll be going to our home office next month for some training in our new systems. I'll be in office (with most of my team members!) for a week and we're hoping to get this integration streamlined. I mostly work remote but this time around... training needs to be on hand. Big changes are a coming!
Other than that... life has been peaceful and full. I try not to let the negativity of others' lives interfere with mine, but I'd be lying if I said that sometimes reflection hurts. Not even reflection of yourself... reflection of the situations and circumstances people feel justified bringing into your life.
But we're done with that... I promised myself that once we moved South, I would no longer let the actions of people who were supposed to care and chose to hurt or mislead instead have any bearing on our new life. It's hard but I meant it and I'm getting there one painful step at a time.
Clarity is both refreshing and devastating.
With that being said, if you need us? We'll be over here living the best version of our lives possible and filling our cups with love and respect and decency and understanding and all the good things life has to offer. If you don't have any of that to bring to the table?
Stay the fuck in your own dining room.
No comments:
Post a Comment