Monday, April 8, 2024

Solar Eclipse 2024.

Well, folks... here we are again. Back with another eclipse that I was sure wasn't due for another 92 years. Remember back in 2017 when there was a solar eclipse and everybody made a big deal about it because there wasn't going to be another one for another 99 years? You remember that, right?

People made tshirts and hats and special eclipse boxes to look at it. People traveled and schools closed and traffic was a general nightmare. At the time, I was like thank everything I won't be around for the next one because this shit is exhausting. Well, guess what? F*cking seven years later and here we are again.

Don't get me wrong. I think this whole thing is pretty cool and special. You should definitely pay attention because it's not like it happens on the daily. So yeah, I get that it's cool. BUT... again with this f*cking traffic. 

Like the first time around, I was at work when it happened... but luckily, I was on the phone with Dev in the beginning (it was insane and eerie!) and I did get off in time to snag a pair of glasses for Dev and me (thanks, Dani!) and we got to enjoy the end of it together. 

We even took the pups outside after it was over with so they could see what the fuss was about. (Yes, I'm one of those weird people that doesn't want to chance their pups actually looking up at the eclipse so I kept them inside until it was done).

I will say that driving home from work was weird... it was eerily calm and like the world was on shutdown. Almost had a pandemic feel to it. Which is weird, considering there were SO many people here that drove in just to watch from our state (Indy had totality). Seriously, people traveled from everywhere... as far as from Mexico for a whopping three minutes worth of totality. The f*cking follow through, bro. Impressive.

So yeah, we made it through Solar Eclipse 2024 and lived to tell the tale. Now... back to our regularly scheduled programming... except there's another one happening this October and now I'm thinking they're not as rare as what I've been led to believe?

TBD. Honestly though... y'all will learn how roundabouts work before then... right? RIGHT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment