Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good to move forward. 💙

Here we are making changes in life... and it feels good and scary and sad and liberating.

The talk with my brother about him moving out went exactly how I predicted it would. His initial reaction was pure rage... complete with the threat looming over our heads... then transitioned into not speaking to me or my husband for almost two days... only mean mugging and side-eying... to talking shit about me and my house to my nephew and who knows who else... to showing up at the house come Sunday at one o'clock ready to talk about his next steps and where we all stood moving forward.

I feel like we could've just skipped all that first part and went right into the next steps and moving forward part... but then it wouldn't have been my brother so here we are.

My brother is in a... strange situation with his baby mama. I don't envy him in the slightest and actually have quite a bit of sympathy for the situation... especially given all the information I've recently come into. I don't know specifics, because again you never know someone else's life... but also, I think she's been mind-fucking my brother for the past decade.

Sunday was the first time we've actually all talked about the situation and put all of our cards on the table. We started at the very beginning and worked our way through everything and the only thing that doesn't add up... is her. Needless to say, her math ain't mathing and I'm tired of just nodding along and accepting bullshit excuses. 

2024 ain't no joke... and while we're making changes and not taking anybody's bullshit anymore... let's just put it all out there.

We talked through it all and by the end, I think my brother has at least a direction to follow. He's going to have to make changes and decisions for his and our nephew's lives... and he's going to have to put them first and deal with whatever situation comes his way. I know my decision has put him in this position, but it's also been a long time coming and running from your problems solves nothing.

I know... I tried... tried drinking excessively too... neither works.

But, I also know that he's strong and a good father and he can do what he needs and has to do. Whatever that looks like for him, Dev and me will have his back 100% because we love him unconditionally and that's how our family works... we love them.

I don't know what these new changes will bring and I don't know what life is going to look like in a couple months... but we're about to find out. I honestly think it will be a good change and may even bring us all closer together... but... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment