Monday, August 10, 2026

Three months in... (out?)... and it's Florida outside. *insert humidity here*

It's been a minute since I rambled on about the happenings in my life. Not from a lack of want but rather a lack of opportunity. I might be on a computer like nine hours a day... but your girl be busy!

Life has been chaotic... in the best way possible. We're officially Florida residents now. That's right, you heard it... the Glissons are official.

And we were in our new hometown for a total of six days before we got a court date. That's right, six days in and we got pulled over for a license plate cover. You know, the same one that's been on every car I've had for the past eight/nine years and has traveled from the top of Michigan to the bottom of Florida umpteen times in that allotted amount of time? Yeah, that one. We tried to explain to the officer that we had no idea about that Florida law as we had just moved here six days before and let her know we would be removing it immediately... but she didn't care and threatened (subtly but still) to take my hubby to jail for it.

No worries... I added that little tidbit in there for the plot (even though it's true because seriously, y'all?!) but everything's taken care of... I contacted the State Attorney, provided proof of compliance and explained the situation and they essentially were like... well... you didn't know and immediately rectified it, so you don't have to come to court and everything's dismissed. HALLELUJAH. 

Sadly, my brother is going through something with his dad and I'm trying to be supportive... it's alot but I love my brother and while we don't always see eye to eye, I have always been here for him. I'll continue to be here for him. I just can't involve myself more than I am. My mental health and spiteful core won't allow it.

Other than that, everything's been pretty good.

It took a while to get our lender to send the title to get our plates but once we got that, it's been daisies.

We're staying with my FIL for the time being while we work on building up our house. It's been nice and we all get along beautifully. We've all gotten into some kind of random routine that works for us and keeps everybody happy. 

Our house is coming along nicely. I would love to say it's been no problem since we had the money to put into it from our Indy house... but it's been three months and we have yet to see a dime for that house. Originally, we did some research and fixed up everything in the house to make it able to be sold (under Indy restrictions). Was it perfect? No, absolutely not. But it was a good house that was well maintained and had solid bones. I let *redacted* know we wanted to sell and she was on board. A few weeks into living in FL she called me up and asked if she sent me $25k, if we could call it even (for now) so that my little cousin could move in and take it over... we would revisit the price when she was in a place to be able to afford a house on her own. I was fine with that and proceeded to give them all info to get everything turned over into *redacted*'s name like she needed/wanted. And then weeks went by... so I reached out and *redacted* informed me that she "had to do work on the house and didn't think that should come out of her pocket" and let me know that she would send me whatever was left over after she was done. Don't worry she included an entire list of (COSMETIC) problems that she would be having done. A few weeks later... nothing so I reached out. Another reason. A few weeks after that... I reached out... another reason. At this point it's been almost three months and while I'm not trying to be an unreasonable asshole... BRO, WTF?! Maybe I'm wrong... but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be compensated for the house I put the down payment on, paid the mortgage on for eight years, and maintained han solo. Hopefully, it works out here soon because like most normal people who sell their house... I would like to reinvest my money. And I would hope *redacted* wouldn't be comfortable living with the fact she screwed over legit the only person in our family that's she's helped that didn't screw her over to begin with. I'll tell you one thing though, I'll NEVER put myself into another situation where I take someone at their word. Been there, got screwed over for that. I don't mean to be bitter, but I've done everything right the entire time when it came to that house and at the end of the day, it didn't matter how much I tried to do right by someone. They still did what they wanted with only themselves in mind. 

Sad. Apart from that, life has been happy. 

We bought our house the day after we moved here and they delivered it within a few days. Since then, it's been nonstop trying to get it up and running. We got the insulation done... and let me just tell you, spray foam insulation is a learning curve that me and my hubby had to master real quick like. Ok, "master" is probably pushing it, but we got it done and it works good! Jerm and Cass came up and Dev/Jerm ran our electric (score one for having an electrician BIL). We officially have two ACs set up (one front of house-one back)... we have a window unit and a portable. The first portable we got we had to send back because of the compressor but once we got the new one and Dev changed the outlet... we were all good!

They delivered the materials for our walls today, so we'll be getting that done over the next few days and then it'll be time to get the materials for our ceiling and start setting up for bathroom/kitchen. 

We love staying with my FIL, but we both can't wait to have our own space again! Legit can't wait for decorating and crafts and all the goodness. Cuddles and late-night standup binge-watching and honestly? Just to have all our stuff unpacked again because while it might sound funny, I MISS MY STUFF!

Work has been crazy and I love it. The company I work for was bought by another company in January so we're in the process of transitioning everything over to their systems. It's a lot but your girl likes working remote and staying busy. Seriously... remote work might be my calling.

Do I wish I felt like I meant more to the people we left behind in the North? Sure... but it's not worth my mental health to dwell on it. If they don't want and love me for the person I am, then I guess I just meant how much they proved.

So yeah, that's where we're at. Living our best Florida lives (we had a beach day with his mom's side of the family a couple of weeks ago and had the best time... I haven't had a beach day since I was like twelve) and doing our best. There's so much to go over but I'm running out of writing time. Hopefully, in the next few weeks/month or so we'll have pretty much all our house done, the Indy house will be resolved and then we can get Dev's bike and go back to regularly scheduled programming. 

Because honestly? This life with my hubby and pups is the best thing I've ever had and I wanna keep running with it. Our lives are full of being together, pup loving, Dunkin coffee, boiled peanuts, Texas nachos, laughs, adventures and love. I couldn't ask for nor would I want more.

Until the next time I can get around these parts (hopefully regularly once life is calm again)... xoxoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment