Friday, April 19, 2013

Amy Dean. (Happy birthday, sweet girl).

Today is the birthday of my dear friend Amy Dean Ferguson. Amy is 23 years old as of today. She was one of the kindest, most beautiful, sincere people that I have ever met in my lifetime. 

Sadly, on July 4, 2009, when we were a mere 19 years old, she was in a car wreck, that claimed her life. Getting that call on that July morning was incredibly hard. At first I didn't want to believe it. No matter how sick of a joke it would have been, I was still hoping that it was in fact that. 

Unfortunately, that was not the case on that particular day. Losing her was incredibly painful. Not just for me, as she was one of my dearest friends, but also for her son (Chandler Seth), her parents, and a slue of other people, whose lives Amy touched, and trust me there are A LOT of them. I recently put a post on my Facebook page for all of our friends that also lost her in celebration of Amy's 23rd Birthday. 

It read like this: 

"Happy Birthday, Amy Dean!! Amy was a great friend to myself and to many people that I know. We all grew up in such a small community that it was extremely easy to get close to someone, and it was Amy that touched every one of us. Anyone could be having the worse day ever, and Amy could walk into the room and smile at them once, and it was like "poof all good now". Her smile was brighter than anyone's that I have ever seen, and who could forget the way she sneezed? Like a mouse!! Always three times, since we were little kids, it was weird. Like the rest of us she went through many stages, including but not limited to her "Avril Lavigne" stage which was fun, seeing her in ties and a lot of black eyeliner. Chandler was her pride and joy, she loved that kid more than anything, and that's saying a lot, because she was so full of love for everyone and everything! It was one of the saddest days of my life, among with any other people I know when we got that call/message on that July morning telling us that Amy had been taken away from us when we were the mere age of 19. But, Amy would want us to remember the good memories, and there are a lot, so in true Amy Fashion that's what we shall do!! Happy 23rd Birthday, Skippy!! We love you and miss you!!" 

Followed by Amy's Favorite Quote: 

"Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain, cherish the memories, ignore the pain, love and learn, forgive and forget, because remember, you only have one life to live" 

That quote suited her and her entire life. I miss Amy everyday, and will always cherish the memories that we have together. I love you, Skippy!! Miss you!! Remember you Always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment