Thursday, June 27, 2013

Artist? Yeah, not so much.

For awhile now Uncle Roger has been requesting something "festive" be drawn on the blank side of our work board. He mentioned it yesterday, and finally I gave in and told him I would draw him something. I asked him, "What do you want?" He requested "Fireworks". Really? Fireworks! How am I supposed to draw fireworks?? I didn't say it out loud, but that's what I was thinking. I had no clue how to draw Fireworks. Besides I'm not the most artistic person in the world. I'm not even the most artistic person in my family, or group of friends. Momma, Aunt Susi, Uncle Kenny, Uncle Jimmy, and a couple of my cousins have me beaten. Beaten bad to, like left so far behind I'm practically a dot by now. 

My old friend Scotty attempted to teach me how to draw before when we were younger. IT DID NOT WORK. He was very talented and could draw anything you wanted. I screwed up Snoopy. Just saying. We got a good laugh out of it (eventually after I calmed down), he hugged me, gave me a kiss on my forehead, and said "Oh-my poor sweet Katherine, I'm glad I love you and your pretty-at least you tried though". That did not make me feel better at the time, but at least he tried. I told Uncle Roger I could draw a Bunny (not a great Bunny, but you could still kind of tell it was a Bunny), he said No, that a Bunny on Fire would be festive in the wrong kind of way. He knows me well, because that's exactly where my head was going with it. He said "just draw some fireworks for the upcoming 4th, and write that the shop will be closed, no big deal". 

I immediately looked up the first "Fireworks" that I thought of. "Acme" of course!! I think fireworks, I think Wile E. Coyote. Just putting that out there. I printed a picture of them out (without Wile, no way I could draw him), got Inigo's markers, and attempted to draw Uncle Roger's fireworks. This Was The End Result... I thought that I did pretty horrible, but he likes them so it's all good. Don't think I'm going to be quitting my day job anytime soon though, not thinking I'd make it very well an an Artist Salary. Especially, with my "mad skills". Aunt Susi might have to call out some of her "peeps" to help me next time. However, I'm going to leave it up there until after July 4th, that way we'll be "festive" longer. Remind me to get a step stool next time. My letters up top are all jacked up from trying to stretch, and reach them. Seriously. Looking at them now in this picture I realize- They're All Jacked To Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment