Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monday Recap (On Tuesday)

This past weekend was nice. I had fun with some family (wish the others would have been there, but some don't live here and the others were busy).

Friday: I worked Friday Morning/Afternoon of course, and then went to Aunt Susi's to exercise (as we do most Friday's). It was a pretty uneventful day/evening. After work and Aunt Susi's, me, Mom, and Uncle Jim had to go to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. Just so everybody is aware: Sometimes going to the store with Uncle Jim (when he's feeling particular hilarious, that is) can be so Eventful/Let's just say I laugh so much that people passing by probably think that I have some serious medical issues, because I loose breath and double over from laughing so hard. Other than that it's perfectly fine. Don't ask. The rest of the evening I spent a boring (for other people not me) at home. I read, watched a little TV, and yes I sound like a little old lady,but went to bed early. Well, not extremely early, but early for a weekend. Probably between 11:30 and 12:30. Don't judge. I enjoyed it, thank you. I also received Noodle's autographed book in the mail just for me. Thank you again Noodle! And results from the Doctor. I just love getting mail. I wish things would go back to the classic days of letter writing. I would love it! 


Saturday: Most of the Family went to a BBQ for Patsy and Darrell's 40th Wedding Anniversary. Yes, 40th. They have been married almost double of my entire life. Everybody, just let that sink in for a moment. Sunk? Good. Me and Ashley tried to "recapture our youth" by jumping up and down on the trampoline with the kids, We almost threw Patsy off of it by jumping really high, and she couldn't get up (Hilarious!!). By the way somebody remind me not to eat cake and mac-n-cheese then jump on a trampoline. Do NOT do this! Seriously. Learn from my mistakes!! (By the way, Sorry you have to see my big ole red butt in these pictures, but really it's nothing compared to my translucent legs. No, Seriously, look at my legs! I could almost pass for a halogen bulb.)


It was extremely hot Saturday as well, so humidity was all about giving my hair a beating. There are reasons that people spend an enormous amount of time, money, and effort developing hair products and using them. I literally woke up Saturday morning, looked in the bathroom mirror, and was like, "Yeah, that can't be entirely accurate". It looked like Lady Sasquatch and Dr. Frankenstein had a love-child, and then that love child met Lady Gaga and then they had a baby on top of my head. It was not a good thing. As you can see. Believe it or not it was scary. This was no product, no blowdryer, and humidity. See why I shouldn't go "all naturale" as the French say. I don't really know if the French say that or not, I just thought that it would be exciting. Sounds silly now that I've said it. Moving on... After spending the day outside playing with the kiddos and talking to family, we went home did a little yard work, and when it got almost dark, I went in took a shower, read a little more, and watched a couple movies. We had stopped at a "Redbox" on the way home from Patsy and Darrell's so that I could rent a couple DVD's.

I decided on "The Depraved" and "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters". I didn't like "The Depraved" at all. I usually like scary movies, or movies set in foreign countries (which for some unknown reason makes them even scarier), but this one all I have to say is, Nope. It started out really slow and dull, and the only eventful things that happened in it weren't until the last twenty minutes of the movie. Even then they weren't that good. Some might like it, usually I like low budget under-rated movies, but just not this particular one. "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" on the other hand, I Loved!! I usually love everything Jeremy Renner, and this was no exception. It follows the childhood story that we all know and I love, with more added to. There's action, comedy, gore, fright, a little of everything. It was completely different from what alot of people imagined I suppose, but that's what I loved about it. It took a well known story, and made it all it's own while still sticking to the original tale. That's hard to do, I think it would be at least. I don't know what all those critics were talking about, it was great! Hopefully there is a sequel in the future. Gross, but Great!!


**Just so Everyone knows too, I'm very happy to have been re-introduced to "Mountain Dew Freezes". Haven't had one of these since I was a kid. Until Saturday. Thank you "Speedway"!!**

Sunday: Me, Momma, Tony, and Anthony Michael cleaned up our Storage Unit. I got up about 8 that morning, went to the unit, and me and Momma had started by the time Tony and AM got there. They came about 8:45 or 9:00 and we were done by 10:00. It wasn't near as rough as we all thought that it was going to be. Thank Goodness! After that they came back to the house for awhile to visit, and after they left, Me, Momma, and Jim went back to the grocery store to pick up the rest of the things that we didn't get Friday. When we got home, we put the groceries, did a few odds and ends around the house, and then didn't do much of anything else. Tayder rolled around in some Blueberries outside so I attempted to "de-blue" my dog. It didn't work as well as I would have hoped. Later into the evening however I was downstairs relaxing, flipping through the TV channels, and ran across the show "True Blood". Apparently it was a marathon because the season 6 premiere was last night. I had talked to Noodle about the show, and she highly recommended it, and alot of other people I know watch it and love it, so I decided I would give it a go. I watched the last three episodes of season 5 and the premiere of season 6. I only have two things to say about that show. #1: I really should start it from the beginning. I think that I would understand it and enjoy it alot more if I did. I liked it alot, and would like to. It's on "my list" of DVD's to get. #2: HELLO ALEXANDER SKARSGARD!! Seriously. Where has this guy been my entire life? I've seen him in other things, and never thought that he was extremely appealing or anything. I mean I always thought he was alright, but never gorgeous (With the exception of the movie "Straw Dogs". Wow! Pretty! I just didn't realize it was him). I completely Recant my entire statement. That guy is pretty! I don't really know what it says about me that I didn't find him attractive until I seen him with black eyes, fangs, covered in blood, with a psychotic look on his face, but I'm just going to let that one go, and hope that my future therapists will know how to deal with it. I don't want to deal with it right now, I would just like to enjoy the show. I love Memes. I thought this one was really funny and appropriate since I watched the show last night. I'm surprised that I didn't read more, but I got a couple of my books out of storage, and one in the mail so this week I will probably get a couple of reads in. Anyways...that is my recap from this past weekend. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but hopefully nothing to important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment