Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Tidbits.

This morning first thing, I felt the need to share a few Random things that are going on, or that I've seen over the last couple of days. Just because I can. Oh, and I'm wearing my favorite outfit that I own right now. Black sundress, Grey sweater, and silver sandals. Just thought you should know. Crazy hair too!!

This morning as I was getting ready for work (I was the only one up) I came out of the bathroom to get dressed and my phone rang. Usually I would just ignore it and go about my merry way forgetting that it had rang until well into the day. This morning however for some unknown reason I answered it. It was my brother (Greg). He asked "Are you awake", to which I turned around to look in the living room and seen somebody on our front porch. I asked "Is Brittany on my front porch"? And he said "Yes, we're here, Let us in"!! 

I ran at the speed of light to get to them. I was like "The Flash". That's right my brother and sister-in-law drove up from Kentucky over night to see us!! So excited!! It's been almost a year since we've seen them, so needless to say it's about time. Their staying today through Sunday, possibly even Monday. Don't know what else to say except Yay!! I assume this is how I looked first thing this morning finding out that they were here.

Every time they play Anna Kendrick (singing- "Cups You're Gonna Miss Me)  on the radio I can't help but sing along. Sorry. I just can't help it! I love it! The song and her voice. **Did you know that the song was originally released as a rendition from a 1937 song from J.E. Mainer's Mountaineers, and a 1938 country song "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone" from country crooners (Charlie) Monroe Boys, by "Lulu and the Lampshades"** Just thought that you might like to know. I thought it was cool. 


Yesterday we went to the grocery store (yes again) and I seen a pregnant woman that looked adorable and so miserable all at the same time. She looked about my height (5'2) and normally like she would be around 135/140 lbs. So not very big. She was wearing a long black/form fitting (to show off her belly I assume) dress and carrying groceries. Her belly looked like it was 3 whole feet from where it originally started. Plus it was extremely hot/humid outside. Poor thing even had to walk from side to side with her legs stretched way far to the sides of her body. I asked her if she needed some help loading her groceries into her minivan (she's already prepared for babies it looked like to me) to which she said "Oh yes please". As I was helping her load her groceries she was kind of staring off into space and said "I'm sorry you can see my panties. I can't see the lower half of my body and my husband helped me get dressed this morning. He thought that I looked good, but you can see my panties through my dress". I of course looked down, and she was right. I said "It's ok as long as your comfortable, at least he tried to help you. Most guys wouldn't do that". She said "Yeah, he's great. Usually I love him more than anything, but today I just can't stand him". We chuckled, and I asked her how far along she was. She replied "6-1/2 months". What?? Only 6-1/2 months? Are you kidding me? She was already so big and miserable! She must have seen the look that came across my face (I would suppose it was utter horror) and she said "Yeah I got a long ways to go, and this baby is gonna have a fat head. You know why? Cause my husband has a big ole fat head." I finished putting her groceries in the van, helped her in, and continued into the store. 

Umm...just out of Utter Excitement- I get Blueberry Doughnuts for breakfast this morning!! Yay!! Just in case you wanted to know. If you can't tell by the joy in my voice let me just tell you- I Love Blueberry Cake Doughnuts!! Their the only doughnuts that I like/can eat ever since I had that nightmare that a pink sprinkled doughnut was chasing me down a hill (yes just like Homer Simpson). Don't ask!! Just so you know, it was Traumatizing!!! I don't want to talk about it anymore, I just want to focus on the Blueberry Cake Doughnuts.

Also on a sad note, Actor James Gandolfini (Yes, Tony Soprano) passed away on June 19, 2013 in Rome Italy from Cardiac Arrest. RIP Tony Soprano. So this doesn't end with something completely sad and depressing, I would just like to tell everyone that my cousin Tony that is scared of birds (he says he's not afraid of them, but we all know the truth), went outside today at work and a bird umm...What's the nice word? Was flying overhead and defecated on him? Does that sound like the nice way of saying it? Well that's what I'm going with at least. Just didn't want to forget that this did in fact happen! Their out to get him! Also, I try not to pay attention to other people in the grocery store, but I couldn't help it today. A man in front of me in line at K-Mart spent $66.53, and the only thing he bought was M&M's and York Peppermint Patties. I thought that was amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment