Monday, July 22, 2013

The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming!! (Part 1)

Yes people. Yes. It's true. The fact of the matter is Kate Middleton (a.k.a. Catherine Duchess of Cambridge-wife of Prince William the Duke of Cambridge) has gone into labor.

Why is this important or my business you ask? Well, the fact of the matter is I don't know, and frankly it's not. But is that holding me back? Umm...No! Yes, I am in fact one of those crazy/emotionally unstable people that feels the need to be really excited when good things happen to people that I don't know, or have never met. Oh yeah, I'm the bad person! Lord forbid I want people to be happy and joyous things happen to them! Yeah, I'm the bad person! Tools.

Anyways, the point of this whole thing is to tell you what's going on with us as we're "waiting" for the Royal Baby (I think they should name it Katherine or Diane-you know after me...just saying). Aunt Susi is utterly thrilled about the news! She's so happy that we get cupcakes tomorrow! Anytime there's cupcakes involved, everybody should be happy! Get on board people!

I remember when The Royal Wedding was going on it was of course on every single channel that you could ever imagine. It was everywhere! I was still living in Tennessee at the time, and working at the nursing home. My head charge nurse was completely thrilled about this event (kind of like Aunt Susi now with the baby). A lady that I was taking care of at the time was also thrilled about this. She was a younger woman, that had an unfortunate event that had happened to her and left her unable to care for herself. She wasn't even 40 years old. She also knew what was going on for the most part, so she knew all about the wedding. She would tell me all about it when we were talking while I was taking care of her, or we were just chatting in the hall. She was really excited about it. She also didn't have alot of family that came to visit her. Her kids were still very young, teenagers, and everybody else kind of disappeared on her. Her sister visited twice a year, and the kids perhaps once. It was sad. She was sad about all of this. So seeing how excited she was about The Royal Wedding, I decided we should do something special for her. On that day, I dressed her up and fixed her hair, and all of us working her floor wore funny/fancy/ugly hats for the occasion. When she seen this, she cried. She was so happy. So it was so worth it! My hair still hasn't fully recovered from that silly hat. It looked something like this...

Which just so happens to be the kind of hat that Aunt Susi is insisting that she get for this occasion. Yeah, she's insisting. I think it's called a fascinator. Something like that. It's a crazy looking hat. I tried to fashion her one from newspaper, but it didn't turn out looking so well. Oops. Oh well, at least I have a reason/purpose for that Queen Flier that a nice man wearing nothing but glitter, speedos, and  a smile gave me at the Pride Parade this passed year. (For the record, I went to Pride because it was neat, I have many gay friends/family members, and I enjoy watching people rock out to Lady Gaga/Katy Perry. Not because I myself am gay. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it's just not my cup of tea. Just thought I'd put that one in there.) See what I did there? Explained myself, and I was British! Haha, Tea! I crack myself up!! Moving on. This is what the end result was...


Yeah, we know. Don't say it. You get our point though!! Remember, Excitement People! Cupcakes are involved!! I would also just like to say that Kate Middleton might just be the cutest little pregnant person in the entire world!! See what I mean... Like I was saying, Aunt Susi is very excited about this. (I am too, just deal with it people). Danielle however is not excited about this historical event (Yes it is! It's the birth of possibly the next King/Queen dang it!). She says that they didn't give two figs when she got married or had Jayna, so she didn't care about them now! Aunt Susi said it's just because Danielle didn't send them an invitation to either or. I have to concur with Aunt Susi on this one. You can't expect people to show up if you don't invite them. Aunt Susi even wrote it under the Birthday Section of our Workboard! (Ignore the messy part, people tend to walk by and bump it, so things/parts get erased...our bad). Keep with the Spirit though!! Observe...


We have been trying to do things British today (Aunt Susi and I). We tried to talk British, but she sounds Australian, and I end up sounding like Mrs. Potts from Beauty and The Beast. Just saying. Aunt Susi has told everybody about it. She even stopped Doug in the rain (he was standing in the rain not us) to tell him. Yeah, he looked real excited. (Sense the sarcasm?) Aunt Susi and I have even started following BBC America and The Royal Monarchy Heir on FB. She is also following something about it on Twitter. You know me though, I Do Not do The Twitter! Aunt Susi is still watching everything for updated news as well. Danielle is going nuts, but it's all good, we're excited!! For You Aunt Susi!! Congratulations!! The Royal Baby Is On It's Way!! Yippy Ky Yay!!! Just in case Ya'll weren't on the up and up!! Like us cool Folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment