Monday, December 16, 2013

I can't even tell dude what "it" is.

Ok, so Greg has this friend that he met at his new job. I'm not exactly sure what his real name is (remind me to ask him), but everyone calls him Junior. He seems nice and him and Greg get along great. They've been riding back and forth to work together, because Greg's car is screwy and they work such crazy hours that it's probably nice to have the company there to keep you awake. Anyways, I have a point I swear. I met him one day when we dropped Greg off (the day before they started riding together) and then again when he came to the house to pick him up Friday. We sat in the living room while Greg finished getting ready, and talked. I'm just like that, I always talk to random strangers about random things...all the time. Whether they ask or engage in the conversation or not. So, I started rambling, because apparently as pointed out to me by Shy, that's just what I do. At least I don't get all weird and giggle while staring...Shylyn. He laughed and talked, not seeming phased by the fact that I was being a lot bit talkative. Insert first clue here. Then he asked me what I liked to do up here, since I was so used to the country. Second clue here. I told him that I'm kind of a hermit, and he said well is there anything that you would like to do? Seriously Katie? How are you not seeing what's happening? I told him that I liked to watch movies, and he said he did to. Really not seeing this Katie? Also, I told him that my Aunt Susi had made mention that I needed to see the Christmas lights downtown, because they were beautiful. Let me tell you how this conversation "went down".
  
Side note: Had I known that he was asking me on a "date" in a round about way, then maybe I would have been a little cooler and/or less strange. Probably not, because I'm always weird as can be, but I like to think that I can be cool.

Him: So, are you going to go see the lights then?
Me: No, I can't.
Him: Why not?
Me: Because my aunt said that I can't go downtown by myself at night.
Him: Ok...why?
Me: Because "it" goes down downtown after dark.
Him: What does?
Me: "It".
Him: What's "it"?
Me: I don't know, just "it". That's what she told me.

**Insert awkward stare and speechlessness here.**
(I think he was honestly debating on whether or not I was messing with him.)

Him: What if I take you downtown to see the lights? Like us, together.
Me: (Still oblivious to being asked out) I guess maybe, but we have to stay in
your car with the doors locked.
Him: Umm...ok...why?
Me: I told you "it" goes down, because people are cray.
Him: Cray?
Me: Yes, cray.
Him: Right, and you're not exactly sure what "it" is.
Me: Not really.
Him: So, what you're saying is I can take you out downtown, but we can't get
out of my car?
Me: Yeah, I guess so. 

**Insert nodding and another awkward stare here.**

Then they left for work and I didn't think anything about it. I told Greg to text me when they got there, so I would know they made it safe. (Slick roads from ice/snow, I worry). Well, I got a message, but it wasn't from Greg. It was from him telling me that they made it I guess he got my number from Greg. Then he kept talking to me. I assumed he was just bored before they had to clock in so I answered him, talked back and forth, and went about my business. Then he text me on break. I was a bit confused, but thought to myself- "Well, he's kinda nice. He wants to be friends with his friends little sister." So I mentioned that to him, and he was all- "Ok, yeah we can be friends. That sounds great." Well, Greg got home the next morning and filled his clueless sister in on what she had let go right over her head. Yeah, I literally "friend zoned" him before I even knew what was happening. Oops. I don't want to date him, but I don't mind being nice. I am nice...mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment