Thursday, January 30, 2014

Been working so hard, I'm punching my card

...Eight hours for what oh, tell me what I got, I've got this feeling that times are holding me down, I'll hit the ceiling or else I'll tear up this town, now I gotta cut loose, footloose, kick off the Sunday shoes, please, Louise, pull me off of my knees, jack, get mack, come on before we crack, lose your blues, everybody cut footloose.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away. I watched Footloose the remake last night, and I been bouncing around ever since. I love that movie!! You know why? Willard. Yeah, just plain and simple- Willard. He was my favorite in the original and now the remake. When I learned that they were remaking it, all I could think was- "Oh no! Who are they going to get to play Willard? Is he gonna screw it up?!" Thankfully I was no where near disappointed. We all know that I think that Miles Teller is just- amazing. Love that guy!! Momma, Kenny and I got to talking about the similarities and differences between the original and the remake, what we liked and disliked between the two. That got me thinking- I should do a blog post comparing the two. Why? Because whenever a random thought passes through my mind I think- I should blog about that. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but we all know how much I love to ramble on and on and on....and on.

Ren Maccormack: Kevin Bacon vs. Kenny Wormald
Overall I have to give this one to Kevin Bacon. Don't get me wrong, Kenny Wormald was good, but there was just something about him that threw me off. Maybe it was the "accent". Maybe it was because he just wasn't who I pictured as Ren. He's a good actor, I just think that Kevin Bacon was by far better. Kenny just wasn't enough of a sarcastic ass, whereas Kevin was. Besides when it comes to the term- "Jumpback", we all know that's a Kevin Bacon thing. You know who I think would've played the role of Ren good in the remake? Mark Ballas. I know right?! He would have done so good! When I think of this film, I think- good dancer with fancy footwork, who can be a sarcastic ass and still be adorable. Mark could've done all of that and made it all look incredible. Just saying. Now, Kenny Wormald is definitely better looking than Kevin Bacon, but looks aren't everything. Oh, and the "angry dance" was not meant to be all- whatever the hell they did in the remake. I expected to see some "new age" and/or "modern/updated" dance moves, but I didn't like the remake version of this dance at all. Kevin also looked way cooler in the fight scene. They both kicked ass, but Kenny didn't look half as cool as Kevin did. The final dance scene of both were great though.

Willard Hewitt: Chris Penn vs. Miles Teller
Ok, I'm probably going straight to hell for this one, and it was a hard choice, don't get me wrong, but my favorite out of these two has to be- Miles Teller. I know, I know, but I can't help it. I just thought that he was better. In the original Willard was a bit backwards and backwoods and they didn't give him a lot of credit, and he's what makes both the original and remake so appealing, but in the remake they let it show that he really was smart, if only in his own way, and it didn't feel like they were making fun of him. He could laugh at himself, which made it feel like they were laughing with him, not at him. Although I like both versions a lot- all the dancing scenes were superb, the relationship with Rusty was awesome, and some of those lines made me laugh so hard. Willard has and always will be my favorite.

Ariel Moore: Lori Singer vs. Julianne Hough & Rusty: Sarah Jessica Parker vs. Ziah Colon
I combine these two, because I know that Ariel is the main female character, and pivotal for the storyline, but if we're being perfectly honest- I've always liked Rusty better. I liked her better in the original and I like her better in the remake. Just my opinion. Then again, all of this is just my personal opinion so I mean really, that point is irrelevant. Whatevs. I have to say that I like Julianne better than Lori. Lori got on my damn nerves so bad, I mean so did Julianne- I think it's just that character, because generally she doesn't get on my nerves-but Julianne didn't get on them quite so bad. The plot of this character is to basically play a skanky preachers daughter which is the way a lot of them are that has issues, and eventually turns every- thing around, because of the guy she falls in love with. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. It's hard to pick my favorite between SJP and Ziah though. Like I said- I love Rusty! Probably because of Willard, but I thought that she was a completely under-rated character. She is awesome. If I have to choose one I guess I'll have to go with- SJP. Barely though, because I like Ziah so much too. They're both adorable and feisty and I love it!!

I know there are like five million characters that I'm leaving out like: Reverend Shaw Moore what a damn tool in both movies, Vi Moore that I liked better in the remake, Chuck Cranston which by the way is way hot in the remake, but such a dick, Woody that I loved in both versions, Uncle Wes Warnicker , whom I hated in the original and absolutely LOVED in the remake, Sarah and Amy Warnicker both sets of little girls are so adorable, and a few others, because of plot and character changes, but I'm not going to compare them all one by one. I'm too lazy, and just don't have that much effort. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. I just don't have that much energy today. Except if I was hanging out with Miles Teller. Then I might find a little more effort to put into my day. Yeah, that would motivate me. 

Can we just agree that the Footloose movies are awesome?!! They literally make you want to get up and dance. You know, if you had any coordination or dance skills at all, which I don't. You catch my drift though. I can't get over how awesome they are. You know, if I could meet a guy like Willard, than my life would be pretty much complete. Just saying. He's so awesome!

Favorite lines from the movie(s):
Willard: You can stick a quarter in that girl's back pocket and tell whether or not it's heads or tails. You're trying to knock boots with her, aren't you? Ren: No, I'm not. Willard: Yes, you are. He is.

Willard: Hey, you know your bus is on fire? Ren: Yeah, no shit!

Rusty: Now, when you said you were gonna wear a cowboy hat, I didn't know how I'd feel about it. Willard: And now that you've seen me in it, what's the verdict? Rusty: I think you're sexier than socks on a rooster. Willard: That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. Rusty: I mean it, stud.

Willard: You won't get any dancing here, it's illegal. Ren: Jump back!

Ren: You like Men at Work? Willard: Which man? Ren: Men at Work. Willard: Well, where do they work? Ren: No, they don't, they're a music group. Willard: Well what do they call themselves? Ren: Oh no! What about The Police? Willard: What about 'em? Ren: You ever heard of them? Willard: No, but I seen them. Ren: Where, in concert? Willard: No, behind you.

Willard: Daddy gonna take her out to the woodshed. Ren: What does that mean? Willard: That means she's in deep shit.


Chuck: I thought only pansies wore neckties. Ren: I thought only assholes used the word pansies.

Willard: You know what it is, you've got an attitude problem. Ren: Oh, I've got an attitude problem? Willard: Yes and I'm not the first one to notice it. I mean we're not stuck in the ***damn middle ages here. We got satellite and cell phones. We're catching up. Ren: Well, I haven't seen not one wet t-shirt contest. Willard: That's not me. I'm waiting. Patiently.

Willard: I promised Rusty no fighting tonight. **getting beat up** Rusty: Willard! Willard: What do you want me to do Rusty? They started this! Rusty: then kill them sons-a-bitches, Willard!!

Rusty: Stop it Willard, you don't even know this guy. We were just dancing! Willard: Dancing with another man like that, while you're wearing my hat, well, that's just disrespectful!

Am I the only one that likes Lori singers shirt- "dance your ass off" way better than Julianne Hough's? She really pulled that shit off. Oh, and also I really liked Woody in the remake, but I wish that he would've beat a guy or two up like in the original. I always thought that part was so funny. In both the- "teaching Willard to dance" scenes were...EPIC. Other things that I love about both of them: The yearbook. The fight scenes, the first in the bar when Willard gets knocked out while confronting a cowboy over Rusty, and then at then end, during prom against Chuck. Willard, Ren, Rusty and Ariel all kick some major butt! Let's hear it for the boy. Oh, I also like how dancing isn't aloud in this town, hasn't been for a few years in fact, but conveniently every single teenager knows how to dance amazing. Like professional amazing. Only in the movies. I'm really into these now that I think about it, I think that I may need help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment