Friday, February 7, 2014

I've never really celebrated Valentine's day

So I don't know what it's like to get all dressed up and go out to a romantic dinner and evening after receiving flowers and heart shaped things all day. You see, my birthday is the day before valentines day and according to the few ex-boyfriends that I have, that means that you don't have to celebrate valentines, because you already have the other. I know you're thinking the same thing I always did- assholes. Even though I was all- "oh don't worry about it, I don't want anything or to do anything special, so don't worry about it". Hello! I'm a girl, when I say that you should automatically know that is not what I mean in any way, shape or form. I always say that I don't celebrate it and that's because I have yet to find anybody worth celebrating it with. The day of love? Well, as soon as I stumble into that one I'll let you know.

Even Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper knows how to kick up the romance train a notch. How do I know this? Well, I watch TBBT all of the time and frankly I was hoping good old Sheldon would give Amy a little lovin. She deserves it and he just doesn't realize the feelings of love. You know I'm #teamshamy all the way. No matter how smart a man is, sometimes he can be completely blind. Go ahead, watch the best part of the best valentines episode on TV ever. It was pretty great.



See he loves and is attracted to Amy Farrah Fowler, he just doesn't realize the extent of his feelings. The most romantic thing that a guy has ever done for me is when I got a box of chocolates from Rachel for my birthday when we were freshmen and B took a bite out of each of them for me so that I wouldn't accidentally eat a coconut one, because I'm allergic. It was romantic/sweet, because he hated chocolate. Hated it. See, cute. Growing up I always had more guy friends than girls and we would exchange Christmas and birthday gifts, but we tried to steer clear of any "romantic" holidays, because no one wants to make anything weird or confusing. Besides, it's never like it is in the movies or books. So with valentines day approaching I believe I will do what I do every year for it. Eat cookies and tacos while watching scary movies or Lord of the Rings. I prefer horror movies and Lord of the Rings instead of "rom-coms".

No comments:

Post a Comment