Friday, March 7, 2014

In the land of television

Everyone that actually watches TV has their favorite shows that they watch. I myself have always watched a lot of television, and no, I'm not ashamed of it. You like to go out and hike and things of that nature. I personally like to stay in, wear sweats and watch TV or read. So sue me. I do what I want!! Everyone that knows anything about me knows that- Sons of Anarchy is my favorite show in the history of ever, but unfortunately the season ended back in December and doesn't come back on until September. What's a girl to do? Well, if she's anything like me then she just finds other shows that she obsesses over. Yeah, I do that. Thankfully people have introduced me to Netflix, so I can watch re-runs of my faves and start new shows too, but I still watch cable. Can I just say that the inventor of the DVR- genius?!! So here are just my top five favorites that I'm watching from week to week as of right now-
The Following
My main man Mike Weston has got this! I started watching this last winter when it came on and I got hooked immediately. It's all about a serial killer that was a Professor (Carroll) at a prestigious college and started murdering his female students. Insert Kevin Bacon (Hardy- he doesn't dance in this one) as the FBI detective/profiler that hunts Carroll down and sends him to prison. Carroll escapes and Hardy has to hunt him again with the help of the FBI. The catch? Well, Carroll has an enormous cult of followers, Hardy can't trust anyone (sans my man Mike), and everything goes crazy! The second season has been real good so far to, so we'll see.
Chicago Fire/PD
Yes, I know that they are two different shows, but they do a lot of crossovers and I love them both. Chicago Fire started first with an awesome cast and fantastic storyline. Yes, I have watched from the beginning. What can I say? I like to try new things. They both are all about following some of Chicago's finest in order to protect the city. Firefighters, police officers, and the people that they save. There is nothing to be hated about either of these shows. Except maybe Robin Weigert. Yeah, I don't like her in this show or Sons of Anarchy. You know, now that I think about it I haven't liked her in anything, but don't let that stop you from watching.
Criminal Minds 
Paging Dr. Spencer Reid! No, but seriously Reid is my all time favorite. Don't get me wrong, the team of- Hotch, Morgan, JJ, Prentiss (now Blake), Reid, Garcia, and Rossi can't be beat, but if asked my opinion- it's all about Reid! I always wanted to be some form of FBI officer and/or profiler and this show just helps me realize why that is not possible. Not even in the slightest. I'm not sure why I've always been fascinated by cop shows, or bad guys, but I love the shows that bring them all to justice. This one is beyond awesome!
Bitten
Gotta love the Syfy channel! Seriously, who doesn't love the Syfy channel? People with no sense, that's who. They have some of the best shows out there. Well, I mean, if you like the supernatural kind of stuff. I reckon if you don't like shows/movies like that, then you probably are not a fan. Bitten is the newest of the Syfy shows, and it hails from? Guess where- that's right, it's from Canada. (Recall- Canada gives us all these awesome shows to make up for Beiber), but this one is about werewolves, and it's sooo worth a watch.

The Big Bang Theory
Oh, where to start when it comes to this show? Well, for one, I'm convinced that if I could find a boyfriend like Leonard Hoffstader that my life would be even more amazing. I don't mind being single at all, truly I don't, but I'd give monogamy a try again for a guy like that. Then there is the Sheldon. And then Amy. Or as we like to call them- Shamy. These two are amazing, and funnier than almost anything else out there. Who would've thought Blossom would grow up to be a neurobiologist? **knockknockknockpenny** **knockknockknockpenny** **knockknockknockpenny** I personally am a little bit in love with this show. Go, Shelly! I mean, Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment