Friday, June 20, 2014

I said to hell with that

I'm one of those people that wakes up multiple times in the middle of the night and tries everything to avoid looking at the clock, because if I do look at the clock, then it's really just a countdown until I have to get out of bed and go to work. But last night must have been my lucky night because I drank just enough wine to help me pass out go to sleep.

I woke up at 3:33 am and remembered that my alarm was set for 4:30 so that I could get up and curl my hair. In my fuzzy wine infused mind I thought- "To hell with that", and I promptly reset my alarm for 5:10.

Today, my hair is wonky, I'm wearing a very simple tee shirt and jeans, and I put on only the minimal amount of makeup. I have no regrets. That was the best night sleep that I've had in a really long time. Judge if you want, but sometimes a girl just needs a little wine to wash down her pain pill. What?!! Just kidding.

I don't really know what else to share with the world today; {{I could always head on over and back that azz up with Whit}} I just wanted to tell everyone about my awesome night sleep. Since I don't have an actual topic I guess random wins. Then again, random always wins with me.

//Am I the only person that 'Googles' people from my past to see what they're up to or what they look like these days? I can't be the only one, right? If we didn't Google people, or say stay social media 'friends' with someone, how else are we supposed to know that the pretty guy that broke your heart when you were a teenager now has a receding hairline? (Yesssss......fist pump). And even though you might not have your life 'together', it looks like his is a never ending cycle of bad decisions, weird smells, and crazy wives.

//I think that I'm funnier than I actually am. People tend to tell me that I'm a nut, but then I just sing them the "nut song" and they shake their heads and walk away. Slowly. I crack jokes and I'm super sarcastic. I can't help it, it's a gift, really. Example? A conversation between my older cousin and I. I thought that it was way funnier than it probably actually was, but I thought that it pretty clever. And yes, he still says things like jammies to me, because he still thinks of me as the little babygirl that he used to carry around on his shoulders. Except now I get to chug beer with him. Which is more fun.

Josh: Congratulations. You didn't wear jammies to work. Katie: Well, you know, I thought that I would wear something normal today. Usually I forget to change my jammies, but then again you forget your hair, so I guess forgetfulness runs in the family! Josh: Hey ass...that's hereditary. Katie: But it's not her-hair-itary. Josh: Ass.


//I really need to learn how to use the Twitter. I know, I know. I'm probably the only person left that doesn't do it. It's not like I haven't tried. I gave it a go for about three or four days, couldn't figure out what in the hell I was doing and gave up. I'm just not good with technology. The only reason I think that I should learn the Twitter? So I can follow Kurt Sutter and all of the cast of Sons of Anarchy for spoilers and my addiction to the show. Sad, but true.

//I was really gung ho for The Fault In Our Stars to come out. I watched the previews and theatrical release trailers. I talked about it with some random people. I read people's blog posts about it. I wanted to go see it in theaters. Desperately. However, now that I've settled down a bit, I've decided to just read the book and wait for the DVD to come out. You know, save like 40 bucks when it's all over and done with.

Katie: I want to go to Texas. Momma: Why do you want to do that? Katie: I love football. I love bbq. I love beer. I love big hair. Momma: Sounds like you were born and raised in Texas. Katie: Maybe I should have been. Then I could have dated a Dillon Panther. Momma: Who's that? Katie: Never mind. Momma: You're talking about a movie/TV show aren't you? Katie: Of course. Momma: But your favorite football team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Katie: Minor detail. Momma: And you hate the heat. Katie: Hence the beer. Momma: Wow.


//Speaking of which, let's talk Taylor Kitsch for a minute. Why are they giving this guy such a rough go around? At least they did last year. I never watched John Carter, but it didn't lose money, so hush. But Battleship? I watched Battleship and I liked it. I usually do like movies that other people don't, but damn. I thought that it was good. I also think that he's a good actor and has played some awesome characters. I like his movies (and Friday Night Lights, of course) that I've seen. And yes, that includes Savages and The Covenant. Lone Survivor? Brought me to tears. To. Tears. I knew that there was only one survivor going in, but combine the amazing actors and the true life story of those American soldiers fight? There were a lot of tears.

//Am I the only one that's glad that's it's Friday? It hasn't been a particularly long week or anything. And even with all of the rain and thunderstorms, it's been relatively pleasant. It probably helps that I love thunderstorms. But I am just happy that it's almost the weekend! Just a couple more hours and I'm home free. So to speak. Kenny and Jim are having a yard sale tomorrow, but I won't be there for it. Where will I be? I will be at Tony's house eating the delicious food that people have put together. So, if you need me, I'll be somewhere between the spicy mac&cheese and snickerdoodle cake. Thanks.

Linking up with Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment