Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I will never be a 'Hater'; plus a little more

I am not someone who is mean to someone based on gender, race, sexual orientation, weight, or how they look. That's just not me. Can I be a mean and/or rude person? Yes. Have I pissed people off in my life? Of course. But you won't find me being unpleasant to someone "just because". I'm a firm believer in if everyone were the same, all things would be boring. And in making your own choices.

Sure there are "types" of people that I don't like (i.e. murderers, rapists, pedophiles, Casey Anthony, etc.), but if they are actually a good person that treat me kind, and are nice to my family, then why would I discriminate and/or pick on them? No. Just no. You won't find one kid that I "picked on" in school or growing up. My Momma had me watch Carrie at a very young age. And I will call out people for being one.

Sure, I had my little "tifts", every kid does. I was raised in a small town, and we all fought, but we also loved each other and had each others backs. To me? The way that we grew up beat out all of the other ways. We were raised to defend ourselves, but never be cruel. If only adulthood were like that. Don't get me wrong, I can be a big ole ass (plus, you know, I have one), but there is a difference in being sarcastic, or having a weird sense of humor as opposed to just being a dilhole. A big difference.

Linking with my girl- Kathy over at vodka and soda #humpday confessions
And now to lighten the mood a bit, please read the text conversation that happened between Cricket and myself.

Cricket: (via FB) So I kinda want to do this whole "Ice Bucket Challenge". **To which all of her friends were like- "Me too! Oh yeah, rad! Let's get together and do this shizznit!!" (Yeah, none of her friends say rad or shizznit, they're all like 15, and I just realized that I'm getting old as shit, because I still say stuff like rad and shizznit. I don't know what the kids are saying these days)** Me: (via text) You do realize that the "Ice Bucket Challenge" is for charity, and when you do it you're supposed to donate to the ALS Foundation, right? Cricket: Oh... well... frickle frackle.... How do you donate? I'll do that. but how much do I have to donate? Me: However much you want, but it's for ALS research, so people are donating big. Do you even know what ALS is? Cricket: I actually have no idea. Me: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Cricket: .... Me: It's a disease that affects the nerve cells in your brain and spinal cord. It starts in your brain, travels to your spine, and starts breaking down your muscles, and eventually it degenerates your motor neurons and kills you. Cricket: .... Me: And by the way Lou Gehrig was a first baseman for the NY Yankees. Cricket: .... Me: Baseball. Cricket: .... Me: He died from it when he was 37, and they named the disease after him. Cricket: Ohhhhhh....well then..... you're so smart. Once again Katie, what would I do without you? Me: Apparently pour ice water on yourself for social media, and have no clue why. Cricket: I intend on still doing it. I'll donate like 5 bucks. Then I can feel important and still pour ice water on myself. Me: I just saw that on your FB status, and thought you might wanna know. Cricket: Lol. Thanks. Me: Every little bit helps. And charity isn't to make you brag, it's just to help others. If you brag a whole lot about it, you'll just sound like an ass. Cricket: Lol. I didn't plan on bragging much. Me: Wow.

And yes, I deal with this on a daily basis. I have determined that teenagers are jerks. All of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment