Friday, September 26, 2014

Walt Disney wasn't always right, but the man did have his moments.

Y'all know that I made the decision to move to Indiana awhile back. Almost two years, actually. Two years next month. I made that decision solely based on the facts that I had in front of me. Those facts were I didn't know what I was going to do, nothing was what I thought that it would ever be, and I was the unhappiest that I've been in a very long time. I assume the only thing that you can do when you're that unhappy and you feel like the walls are not just closing in on you, but actually collapsing on top of you, is change. So, that's what I did. I made the decision, the plan, and the arrangements to do so. And when I say the plan, what I really mean is I decided that we (me, Momma, and Tayder) were moving and that was about the extent of that one.

I was having issues at work, and it just seemed like I had outgrown that part of my life. So, I called my uncle to talk to him and he said- When do you want us down there to get you? And I said- Tomorrow? He chuckled and said how about the day after? They (my two uncles) insisted that we live with them until we got things straightened out and situated. That was two years ago. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel like it's been two years, and we love them so very much, and are so very thankful to them, but it's time.

Momma and I both ran into some medical issues and it seemed like things were always trying to push us backwards no matter how hard we tried to push forward. Well, not to jinx anything, but we feel like we are in the place to be able to go out on our own now. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. More exciting than scary. Living alone doesn't bother us. We've always kind of been on our own, without actually being on our own. When Momma's husband (I don't call him dad, I call him by his last name, or another not so nice name) left I was about fifteen years old and it was just us. Greg was out on his own, living with his girlfriend at the time, so it was just us. I worked and went to school. Momma helped Aunt Linda and grammy during the day/evening, and we spent our nights and days off together just hanging out, watching movies, scrapbooking, reading, basically whatever we wanted to do. It was around that time that I got really sick and wasn't doing so well.

That's when Momma decided to get me Tayder. She figured if anybody/anything could pull me out of my horrible funk, that it was that wonderful little guy. And she was right. He made everything a little better. And then it all got much better. And then it got bad again, but then wouldn't you know it, it was back to the better. When it was just us two at first Noodle decided to live with us for awhile, even though none of us called it living together. She just asked if she could spend the night at the house with us, and two years later she left. What can I say? We were sad and she was sad and had nowhere to go, so I guess you could say, we kind of found and helped save each other. And now here it is, years later. So many years and decisions and questions later. And here I sit writing this, thinking about the next step to take. And that next step is the most logical one. I know that I usually don't go with the logical decisions, but I feel like it's a good choice this time. What is it that they say?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment