Monday, October 20, 2014

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking.

Confession? I'm 24 years old, and I still watch, and I'm totally in love with Disney movies. I could watch them everyday. I've noticed that the Disney movies form when I was little were a lot darker than they are now {I'm looking at you Hunchback of Notre Dame}, and they're still my go to. Who doesn't love a story about a princess finding her one true love and living happily ever after, right? With that being said, I think you should know that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie and Belle is my favorite princess. And here are just a few reasons why.

"Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress. The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart. And as punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year. If he could learn to love another, and earn her love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?" 


I identify with the Belle the most.
  • She was always such a book worm. 
  • She wanted adventure. And lived in kind of a fantasy world.
  • She wanted that all consuming feeling.
  • She was stubborn and strong willed.
  • She always rooted for the "underdog".
  • She tried to see the best in people. But sometimes you just can't, because even if you want to see the best in them, doesn't necessarily mean that there is good in them. Some people are just bad people.
  • She loved her parent. I mean, hers was her dad, and mine is my mom, but you get the idea.
  • The girl loved a good ole hug. 
  • Pink roses are my absolute favorite. {Shh...don't tell}.
  • She tried to get along with everyone. Plus, you know, brown hair.
Beauty and the Beast has some of the best lines ever.
  • Beast: I want to do something for her... but what? Cogsworth: : Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep.
  • Gaston: Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking. Lefou: A dangerous pastime. Gaston: I know.
  • Lumiere: Voila! Oh, you look so... so... Beast: Stupid. Lumiere: Not quite the word I was looking for, but perhaps a - little more off the top.


  • Cogsworth: Couldn't keep quiet, could we? Just had to invite him to stay, didn't we? Cogsworth: 'Serve him tea. Sit in the master's chair. Pet the pooch!' Lumiere: I was trying to be hospitable.
THIS DRESS.


NO, SERIOUSLY. THIS DRESS.


And they all lived happily ever after. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment