Friday, October 17, 2014

This is my own private domicile.

I know that I've been talking about this whole moving thing for a few weeks now, but it's a process and sometimes it takes a village. And by a village I mean after the Saturday of my brother, two cousins, and aunt helping us move, we've been kind of on our own. Which is kind of great. I think there are times when we forget that we now have our own place, like we're still walking on eggshells, but at night when it's real quiet and we're unpacking things, or setting up, or just watching TV, we get it. It's completely clear. We're on our own. Just me, Momma, and Tayder.

I'm trying to convince Danielle to cross-stitch this for me, so I can hang it in our apartment. Immediately.
Do you know how long that it's been since I've said that? Let's just say, awhile. A long while. It was just the three of us for awhile when I was 15/16, but then Noodle came along, and then Grammy came to live with us, and we've had friends/family live with us on and off for awhile. Then it was just us for 1.5 days in Tennessee before the family came down to move us up to Indy. Then it was almost two years of living with my two uncles and little cousin {which you already know}. But now it's just us three again. And I think that we're adjusting well.

There are still a few things that we need to get:
  • Curtains
  • Ice cube trays (I know, right?)
  • Toaster
  • Blu-ray player
  • Picture frames
  • Big skillet
And so on and so forth, but you know, all in due time. It's all a process, and it's a process that we're ok with. I've met a few of our neighbors, and so far they're all very nice. The two guys that live across from us even helped us (me, Momma, and Aunt Poot) carry in our couch when they seen us struggling. Thanks, guys!! I owe you one. One woman has a 135 pound American bulldog and she's very pleasant to talk to. And yes, that surprises me, because that is a rare quality in people these days. The people upstairs are nice, but I'm pretty sure that they never sleep. They're not disruptive or anything, but you know how you just notice little things sometimes? Anyways, they all seem fairly nice and we all just mind our own business. And that's the way we all like it.

One of the biggest perks about it is we can do whatever we want, when we want, without it bothering and/or inconveniencing anyone else. So today, I get off of work about two hours early and we gotta go do laundry, do a little shopping, and then we'll probably go home, and I'll commence to drinking an entire bottle of wine and watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier. You say boring, I say relaxing. And since it's the weekend, I say- Cheers, bitches! {In my very best Jesse Pinkman voice}.  

No comments:

Post a Comment