Thursday, December 18, 2014

That time I thought a hooker murdered my bestie under a bridge.


I received a message last night from Erica's (Noodle) boyfriend Andy. (I call him Andy because he hates it and I think it's funny, but that's not the point). This message caused panic that quickly turned into hysterical laughter. It went something like this:

Andy: Hey Katie. Have you heard from Erica? I have not been able to get ahold of her for a few days. (She always answers Andy, because she's completely in love with him).

Katie: Not for a few days. I've sent her a couple of messages, but haven't heard anything back from her. I just figured her and Suzi were busy. Do you have any other way to get ahold of her? Hold on.

**Katie immediately sends message to Erica**

Katie: Noodle? Are you ok, darlin'?

Erica: I'm fine. Andy (she doesn't call him Andy, but were going with it) just couldn't get ahold of me. I fell asleep last night and then I have been busy writing since four today (remember how she's my awesome PUBLISHED author friend?) so I didn't hear him call. Sorry he bothered you. How are you babylove? (I call her noodle, she calls me babylove. Both of us remember each others nicknames, but can't for the love of all that is holy remember why they're our nicknames).

Katie: He didn't bother me! He just scared about ten years off of my life! I'm good now that I know my best friend isn't holed up under a bridge, murdered by a hooker!

Erica: Nah, I was just writing. You know me when I'm in the zone. He should know that by now. I warned him I get lost in my stories! And by a hooker?! REALLY?!

Katie: That you do, darlin'! I should've known that's what you were doing. And yes, by a hooker. We both know out of us all, you're the one most likely to get caught up in a hooker/murder ring. Don't hate. Hookers need love too.

Erica: Why in the hell me?

Katie: Remember when we watched the movie- Monster?

Erica: Good point.

**Erica immediately forwards my message to Andy**

Andy: Well, I had tried to call her house phone and her moms phone. Neither answered but like right after I hit send to you she said- Hey. I was like, damn. that would happen.

Katie: Yeah, I sent her a message to and she responded, but it's all good! Anytime you can't get ahold of her or you're worried, just shoot me a message and I'll try to help.

Andy: Really, Katie?! A hooker under a bridge?!

Katie: I was worried! And yes, I went there!! Because I'm not dramatic at all or immediately go to the worst scenario possible!! 

Andy: Wow. 

And then all three of us had a giant/I'm sure inappropriate conversation. Erica and I eventually came to the conclusion that it's a good thing that everyone else can't hear us when we talk, because we have a giant warped sense of humor. Then she told me to stop watching so much Criminal Minds and the I.D. channel. NEVER! Hurry up with that next book, Erica! I'm dying to read it. If I had half of your talent I would love to be a published author too. You know I love to write and ramble, but you my darling friend, have an amazing gift!! I love you and I'm so happy a hooker didn't get the goods under an abandoned bridge. Or any bridge for that matter. Because I would miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment