Friday, February 20, 2015

I'm surprised that there are still people that like me at this point


I was having a conversation with Erica a little while back that spilled over into a conversation with Mo, that in turn leaked into my conversation with Momma. I know, it's a vicious circle that probably needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, but I'm definitely not going to do anything about it except complain. All on the same page? Great.

And I was totally going to let all of this go, truly I was (please, like I ever let anything go), but then I decided to go ahead and tell the internet about it instead. Because why not? It's usually what I end up doing. That and when I completely want to smack talk people I do it on my blog. I have got to quit telling people about this things existence.

Moving on.

(Just a few) Reasons why I'm probably a difficult friend (or girlfriend- which I'm not, but I have been like twice, so obviously I'm an expert or something) to have.

I have NO Instagram filter.
Like, none whatsoever. If I think you're being a jackass, I'm going to tell you that you're being a jackass. If I think that your boyfriend and/or girlfriend is a giant douche canoe, guess what? I'm going to tell you about that to. I don't try to be an ass. Truly I don't, but it just comes so natural to me.

{I would appreciate it if I could choose from Instagram filters in my real/everyday life, because they make me look so much better than I actually do.}

I don't want to talk about my feelings. I just want you to read my mind.
I mean, is it so much to ask for people to just know exactly what I want, when I want it, and however I want it done? I don't think it is. Do I want to tell you when I'm sad? Hell no. I just want you to not only know that I'm sad, but why I'm sad and how to fix it. Or any of the other emotions that I happen to be running through. I don't think this is just a me thing though, I'm pretty sure this is just one of the many things that comes along with being a woman. What? You know it's the truth.
 
I'm so sarcastic that sometimes I even offend myself.
And do you know how hard it is to offend me? It's very difficult, but somehow I still manage to do it from time to time. It kind of coincides with the whole 'no filter' thing and before I even know what's happening I'm saying whatever happens to pop into my head. Word vomit at it's finest.


{P.S. I also like to have alone time, so don't be all over me and try to smother me like you're a side of hashbrowns from Waffle House.} 

Movies.
Do you like movies? Do you like watching movies? If we're gonna hang out than I hope so, because I'm going to make you watch five million of them. I'm going to insist that you see all of the ones that I've ever seen, plus we're going to have to watch movies that I've never seen. Whether they're old or new, be prepared to strap in on the couch and do some serious movie watching. I'm going to whine until you do.

I'll just poke you until I get my way.
You may call it childish, but that's only because it totally is. I like having things my way. I know that everybody does, but I really do. I don't usually insist on too many things, I'm very "go with the flow" with things in my life, but every now and then I'll really want something (whether it be to watch something specific, listen to a certain song, or eat grilled cheese while drinking copious amounts of alcohol) and if you disagree with me, I will just sit next to you and poke you until I get my way. Childish? Yes. Effective? Absolutely.

{And don't try to say I'm spoiled, because I'm not. I don't tend to get my way, because like I said, "go with the flow", and I don't even know what being spoiled feels like. Although, if someone wants to attempt to spoil me so I can find out if I like it or not, I'm not going to argue.}


{That picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post, except for the facts that I would do something like this, and I officially want to be this girls friend!! Best. Wedding. (Un)invitation. EVER.}

Follow the script.
I have a very vivid imagination. And at least ninety-six percent of the time I am playing out a scenario in my head (whether it be realistic or not) and I get very annoyed when people don't play along. I know that they don't technically know what I want them to do, but then again, it kind of resorts back to- just read my mind.

And the best part of all of this? My family and friends have completely accepted all of these annoying things about me. Erica even uses the term "It's just one of your endearing qualities that we've all come to love". They just roll with it and they're not even surprised by what comes out of my mouth anymore. And it's great. I have some of the most incredible people in my life that you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment