Monday, March 2, 2015

Winter is coming.... no, it's already here.

I'm not usually one to complain about weather. There's really no point in it. The climate is going to change and frankly, weather just happens. Snow, sleet, hail, rain, heat, humidity. It's all going to happen at one point or another. And honestly, I would rather be cold than hot. I can always put on another layer of clothes, but I can't exactly strip down nude and go into public. I mean, I guess I could, but it's probably not a good idea.


But this Winter? Oh, this Winter. It seems like Winter is becoming worse and worse as I get older. And not in the "I'm turning into a little old lady" sense (I'm already there), but in all seriousness, it's just become worse. The months are longer, the snow is deeper, and things hurt worse.

It used to be that when I fell on the ice (which happens at least twice every Winter) the only thing that it would hurt was my pride. Unfortunately it's just not like that anymore. Now it hurts everything. It hurts the back, legs, neck, blah, blah. You get the idea. And it used to only last about three months, but now it seems that Winter sticks around for October-April. In some cases, even May.


Did y'all know that it snowed 8 inches on Saturday night and that it was still snowing come Sunday morning when I got up? If not, you do now. Not to mention that there was already like four inches on the ground. I feel bad for the people in Boston and such that have somewhere around (what I assume) is 10 foot. The only good thing about all of this snow? The fact that I can sit down on the mounds of it and let Momma take cute pictures of me to text to my friends. And maybe I don't look real cute in them (I don't), but let me think that I do, please. Just let me have this.

This weather doesn't tend to stop my family though. Well, on the day that it's not horrible that is. In fact, this past Saturday almost all of the girls in my family (and Bubby) got together and went out to eat. Mexican food- yum!! Seriously, just promise me Mexican food and I'm totally there at any point and time. I probably would've waded through the snow on foot for that.


On the days/nights that it is bad though we all (I don't know if it's all of us or just me, but whatevs) tend to stay inside and clean then watch movies. Awesome movies like- The Wraith and The Other Woman. Can I just say that there's nothing better than a good ole 80s movie? Especially when it has classic Charlie Sheen in it. There's just not a whole lot of things that beat Charlie Sheen. In my opinion. And the movie The Other Woman? Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment