Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Will Smith wrote a song about me (no he didn't): Things I just don't understand

There are things that everyone just doesn't understand. And the majority of the time if you don't understand it, than you just spend time working on it until you understand it. Is that a fair assumption? I, however am not one of those people. I'll try really hard at something until I comprehend it when if comes to work or something important in my life. There are certain things though, not only do I not understand, but feel that it's probably best that I don't understand. (Examples).


The lingo:
I.e. bae, the feels, dat, doe, ish, sprang, and so on and so forth. I think you kind of get the idea at this point. Now, my question is: WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS THIS?! No one should ever talk like this. EVER. It's not ok. Oh, I'm sorry, did you somehow forget how to speak?! I can feel my high school english teacher cringing right about now. And I know that I freeflow when I write. I get it. I seriously do. I have run-on sentences, I don't capitalize frequently, and a myriad of other things. Trust me, it's acknowledged. But, come on!! That "gives you the feels" or whatever dumbass way that they say it. You can't just saying you have feelings? Really? REALLY?! It's just too hard for you?! Boo hoo. And it's bad enough that teenagers do this shit, but adults too? Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for even contributing to this. Especially when you use dat and doe together. For instance: #datbearddoe. No. Just no.

Weddings:
Kidding. I understand why people have weddings (pretty dresses, dancing, alcohol and cake. duh.). It's marriage that I just don't understand. Weddings are fun. Marriage? From what I've seen, not so much. I just wanted an excuse (like i need an excuse) to show you these pictures from Suzi's wedding of her and Erica that I found while I was snooping playing around on the internet. Ha to the ha.

Yes, I showed the entire world (dramatic much?) y'alls picture. Get over it. They were already on the internet anyways.
She is mean muggin' somebody!
Doesn't E look extremely happy in this picture? Nope.
Technology:
Everyone that knows anything about me knows that I'm not exactly the most tech-savvy person on the planet. In fact, for a twenty-four (soon to be twenty-five. ooph.) Year old girl, I'm surprisingly anti-tech. Not to the point that it appears that I've been in a cave for most of my life (my wardrobe takes care of that), but still. I still rather enjoy sending my friends letters, cards, notes, pictures, and various other things through the mail. You know, with stamps and it taking three days and such. What can I say? I'm old-fashioned like that. Most of my friends are relatively tech savvy, some more than others (you know who you are). Me? Not so much. I actually just made the switch to an Iphone(5S) for the first time today. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment