Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mo will be giving birth in the next few months

Childbirth scares the crap out of me. While most people just laugh or think that I'm crazy when I say this, others know what I mean. Most of my friends have kids or at the very least step-kids. There are a couple of exceptions, but I assume it's just that time in our lives. I know we're not that old, but it seems like this is about the time that people start to think about settling down and having some babies. Unless you're my friends, in which case you started a long damn time ago.

And none more true than the story of Mo. (Well, technically a few girls we grew up with had babies before her, but this story is about her. So, just roll with it for the sake of the plot, please. Thank you.).

As most people know Mo and I became friends in the fourth grade. They say that if a friendship lasts more than seven years then it will last a lifetime. I don't recall where I read that, but I definitely did read it and if that's true- Well Mo, old friend, I guess that means that we're stuck together. Might as well be, we know too much blackmail worthy things to not be at this point.

We started in fourth grade and now we're here. And she's about to give birth in the next few months.....to her third child. It will be the fifth child that she cares for (she has two older step-kids with her boyfriend), but the third that she will actually have given birth too.

And she's all very calm about the whole situation. More calm than I would ever be in my lifetime. In fact, she's more calm than I am right now and it doesn't even affect me a little bit. Well, except for the fact that I'll have one more godson (she's expecting a boy; the fourth boy in the mix) to add.

I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to remember all of these birthdays. I only remember Mo's, because I've had like fifteen or so years to practice it. Holy shit, fifteen years? We're getting old.    

No comments:

Post a Comment