Thursday, June 18, 2015

I was born into the wrong generation.

(I am should have been a hippie).


Or at the very least, I feel as though I should have been a teen in the 60s/70s. I can totally see me sitting around a bonfire with my fellow hippies, listening to The Doors and The Grateful Dead.

Picture it: Long, crazy hair adorned with flowers and ribbon. Swaying back and forth while another guy plays his little acoustic guitar and we spread the word about Love and Peace. Can you not see that in your head? I can.

I think that I would have made a lovely hippie. And even if I weren't a full blown hippie, I would have at least been good at it come the afternoons, early mornings and weekends. My friends and I would have piled up in a great ole questionable van and blared The Eagles. And The Beatles. Have you noticed how much better music was back in the day? I'm just putting that one out there.

Hey Katie, do you want to come hang out with the Hipsters of this day an age at the vegan beansprout market/coffee shop?

#Namaste right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment