Thursday, July 2, 2015

I went to see my "lady" doctor.

(This gown has a way of making you feel very unsexy).


Can I say how happy I am about the fact that after today I'm off for three days? I'm really happy about it. Like, REALLY happy. Seriously, it makes me so happy that I might break out into dance. Just putting that one out there.

Moving on.

I went to see my "lady" Doctor a week ago. Like all other women, I don't particularly like going, but know that it's very important. It's not so bad, because I actually really like my Doctor. She's nice, listens to what you have to say and is on top of her shit. I've had many issues the past few years when it comes all of that and she has been beyond helpful. I'm getting better a little bit at a time.

She decided to put me on one more medicine (I'm already taking Metformin for my insulin resistance, Beyaz for my hormones and vitamins) to try and knock the rest of my hormones back into their rightful place. The medicine is called- Spironolactone.

What is Spironolactone: It's a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low. It is used to diagnose or treat a condition in which you have too much aldosterone in your body. (Aldosterone is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands to help regulate the salt and water balance in your body). It also treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or a kidney disorder called nephrotic syndrome. This medication is also used to treat or prevent hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the blood). It may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

It also has a list of side effects that are a mile long, but I'm not going to list those, because no one wants to read all of that. Including me.

So far, I feel pretty good. I'm tired, but I'm always fairly tired, because of all the other meds. I feel a lot better just because I know that I'm doing better. I'm not as scared. I'm convinced that fear is a horrible sick inducing feeling. I'm still a nervous wreck, but that has nothing to do with any of my "female" problems anymore. I just have a nervous disposition. It happens. Other than that, it's all good. I got this.

(P.s.) I've decided I want to get another tattoo. It just popped into my head randomly. Got to love random ideas. I mean, I want the one on my foot redone SUPER bad, but I have an idea for another one. Someone want to help me randomly fall into a butt load of money?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment