Thursday, January 14, 2016

I'm one of those people.

(I'm sad about Alan Rickman).


And just because I am sad about him doesn't mean that I care less about any other person. People seem to think that if you're sad about one thing or share something on social media or talk about it, then you are automatically against a whole other group of people. And I'm sorry, but that's simply not the case. Quit being a hater and thinking everybody is against everything else just because they talk about one thing or another. It's not at all related and you need to just quit it.

Now, with that being said, I say this:

Severus Snape. Hans Gruber. The Sheriff of Nottingham. Metatron. Dr. Lazarus. Colonel Brandon. Judge Turpin. Absolem the Caterpillar. Harry.

Whichever name you knew him by, there was no denying the mans talent. No matter which role he was playing, he gave it his all. And with that incredibly distinct voice, there was no mistaking him. He brought life to so many characters and was an absolute delight to watch. I should know, I grew up watching the man. It all started when I was three and watched- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves for the very first time. And then it quickly jumped to Sense and Sensibility when I was five. Somewhere in the next few years I saw Die Hard for the very first time, but nothing compared to the year 2001 and I saw him in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

I was eleven at the time and my friend Amanda's Pa took us to see the very first movie (there are eight in total) in our little town theater. Of course, we were late to the party so there was only us in the theater and we loved it that much more. As soon as Alan Rickman stepped onto that screen you knew that shit just got real. And it just continued from there.

"I've never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision." -Alan Rickman.

And to that I say: Thank you, Alan Rickman. You are a chunk of my childhood and a wonderful performer. You will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment