Monday, February 29, 2016

For the love (it finally happened).

(They finally came to their senses).


In case you have been living in a hole somewhere, then you probably know that Leonardo DiCaprio has finally won an Oscar. The moment finally came for his work on The Revenant (that I haven't seen yet, but really want to and have every intention of).

If you're like me, then you think that he should already have like nineteen Oscars by now, but that is neither here nor there. Actually, you know what, it is here or there, let's just list off all of the films that should have garnered him an Oscar before this point:

  • What's Eating Gilbert Grape?!
  • The Basketball Diaries
  • Romeo and Juliet
  • TITANIC
  • The Man in the Iron Mask
  •  Catch Me If You Can
  • Gangs of New York 
  • The Departed
  • Blood Diamond
  • Revolutionary Road
  • Shutter Island
  • Inception
  • J. Edgar
  • Django Unchained
  • The Great Gatsby
  • The Wolf of Wall Street

And if you don't agree, then that's fine. You're entitled to be wrong. But for all of us sane (ok, "sane" is questionable when describing me), we all know that this moment was long overdue. And the fact that he used his speech to spread awareness on our failing ecosystem and send out good vibes and love was great to see (he's the only reason that I tuned into the Oscars..... and I only did for his category #sorrynotsorry). Plus, all of that Leo and Kate love? Amirite?! No, not me Kate, but the actual, beautiful, and talented Kate (Winslet- although Hudson is pretty impressive herself). My friend Dea even posted a mashup of Leo and Harry Potter for me to my FB timeline, because she knows that I'm kind of in love with the Harry Potter universe to. Quit judging, it's my generation and it's awesome!!

Here's to you, Leo. Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment