Friday, March 4, 2016

I want to crawl under a desk and take a nap.

(If only that were an option).


I've not been sleeping the best..... or at all lately. Frankly, it's making me a little crazy.

It's been a strange couple of weeks. From cousins getting into wrecks (or rather, people not paying attention and rear-ending your cousin when she's at a full stop) and cousins getting put into the hospital (they didn't find anything after five million tests) to the weather going through menopause, things are just..... strange.

And when your surroundings are that strange, you begin to feel strange yourself. I don't feel bad, far from it I guess you could say. Still though- strange. I think it's because it's somewhere between Winter and Spring. You know that time. When the morning and days are cold, but the sun shines and flowers try to bud. Although, the sun hasn't shown for days now due to the snow clouds drifting in and out of our lives.

Today is my friend Rachel's 26th birthday. Yesterday was Bubba John's 28th. Happy Birthday to you both. I love you.

2016 has certainly proved to be an eventful year so far, and we have nine more months to go. Like a pregnancy, none of us know what to expect as the further along we go. We all made an agreement to make this year better than the last one, but then again, you have to have those people to make life difficult and overwhelming.

Speaking of difficult and overwhelming..... have you seen the way people are tearing each other apart due to the upcoming election? There are people doing their jobs, and people who have their opinions, and all of that is wonderful. BUT then you have people who care for nothing but themselves and will stop at nothing to get what they want. They try to push their beliefs down everyone's throats, and when people plant their feet in the ground and take a stand to say no, they are called traitors or sinners. They don't want to know or allow other peoples opinions, or listen to their beliefs, it's strictly their way or the highway.

Well, I guess you can find me walking down that ole highway, because I have my own beliefs and refuse to bend to someone else's will, just because "they say so." They can push their beliefs and they can argue until they are blue in the face, but that just makes them absolutely no different than the people they are disapproving of and think are wrong. You think that your way is the right way and there are no other options? You think that things should be the way that you see, because it is your belief that it's the only way? You know who else thinks that? The other guy does, about his very own opinion or belief. People seem to forget that in their mission, whatever it may be, to be a decent human being. Somewhere along the trail, that was lost.

On a not so heavy note, let me just say that I am very pleased that it's Friday. Can I get an- AMEN, HALLELUJAH, TGIF up in here?! Damn, it feels good to know that in about three hours it will be my weekend. We've been staying in at night and watching Sam Axe (Burn Notice- Have you seen it? If not, I highly suggest it), but throughout the day we're out and about  trying to enjoy the bit of sun that's shining. Personally, I don't mind the dreariness, but I'm kind of strange like that. Other people though, they thrive off of the sunlight and demand it in order to be happy. It's supposed to rain for the next week. Those people are not going to be happy about it.

Here's to all the craziness that is sure to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment