Monday, January 9, 2017

Drop it like it's.... eye drops.

Today is my first day back to work after a few weeks of hitting and missing. Don't get me wrong, I came to work when I was supposed to, but for two weeks in a row we had four day weeks (Christmas and New Years holidays!!) and last week I took off Thursday and Friday, because Momma had to have eye surgery.

No worries, she's doing pretty good and the doctors are hopeful that her sight in her (left) eye will improve significantly.

This whole process has involved a lot of drops.... eye drops. There are, I think, six different kinds. Four drops fours times a day, one drop three times a day, and one drop two times a day.... it's a good thing that her doc wrote the process down, because it's a whole bunch to remember! And that's what came after, before the surgery there was just waiting and being nervous, no drops.


We were worried because it was the first time that she had to be put under full anesthetic, she had only had local up until that point, but she came through it like a champ (and only puked once in the car on the way home). Now it's all about follow up doctor's appointments, eye drops out the wazoo, and patches at night.... because that's just how we roll.

The last four days were full of naps, meds, tv watching, Tayder snuggling, randomness while she was napping and I couldn't (anesthesia does that to a person).... and let's be honest, none of us hated it (except the doctor part).

I've been pretty busy today, not horrible, and all I really want to do is take a nap and eat some junk food.... and watch The Walking Dead, but that's besides the point. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some computer updating and typing/emailing to do. Not that I want to, but just a few more hours and then I'm home free.... until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment