Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017.

Bitches are going crazy over this whole "Historic Solar Eclipse" thing.

I get it. Solar Eclipses are fairly rare and this kind (coast to coast) won't be making the rounds again for another 99 years. But as soon as I heard that do you know what I thought?! I thought, "oh thank God, I'll be dead for the next one." Because that is literally how crazy bitches are getting this time around.

People are taking the day off of work, some schools are closing, and honestly people are debating on whether or not this could possibly be judgement day? I'm not really sure what those people are on, but they are very upset about it and forming protests.


And then you have Danielle and I that had to come to work (because our boss would've laughed if we would've said we were taking off for the eclipse) and we have to sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and have ridiculous conversations like this one:

Danielle: "I'll just use this envelope box to make an Eclipse box since I don't have a cereal box."
Me: "Will that still work?"
Danielle: "Uh yeah, I don't think it's contingent upon the kind of cereal, Kate."
Me: "Not even what I meant, asshole."

The majority of people are very excited and saying things on social media like: "just got my pair of Eclipse glasses" and "can't wait to share this with the kiddos."

And then you have the other type of people (aka my FB friends) that have taken an entirely different turn and are saying things like: "Seriously, I'm so sick of hearing about this eclipse. Yes, it's a once in a lifetime event, but so was yesterday!" and "Remember, the best way to watch the eclipse is with two large magnifying glasses held about eleven inches from your eyes."

Because my friends are bitches and I love them for it.

And in case you want to take part in this event just know that you can google "solar eclipse 2017" with your town/state and it will give you the exact time that it will be in "full effect" where you're at.

Ours is apparently right at 2:24 pm. And in case you're wondering, yes, you will have the overwhelming need to look behind you and stare right into the sun, BUT DON'T BECAUSE YOU WILL GO BLIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment