Friday, August 4, 2017

The Sprouse twins are all grown up (and I ain't mad about it).

Remember those pesky Sprouse twins? (Let's be honest, they always kicked Jonathan Lipnicki's ass in the little cutie department). Let's talk about them for a minute or two.... or however long, because today is their twenty-fifth birthday.

While I've been #TeamSprouse in general for quite a few years (I'm only 2.5 years old than them, so it's almost like I grew up watching them?), at some point people say you have to "pick a favorite." I don't really think that I can do that (and why would I want to?).... but I'll talk about them either way.

What have they been up to lately? You know, besides cracking me up with Twitter Feuds (and I don't even know anything about Twitter- Cole here, Dylan here) and acknowledging that Dylan is, in fact, fifteen minutes older than Cole (and I love how often he throws it up, because I have a guy friend that I'm exactly ten days older than and I have loved giving him shit about it our entire lives and it literally never gets old.... to me. He would probably like to smack me by now *twenty years later*).


If you've been around here for a minute or two, then you already know that Cole has been playing my favorite character- Jughead- on the ever popular/my new favorite show- Riverdale. Other than acting in this show (and owning it) he's a genuinely impressive photographer. If you don't believe me, go check out his photos on his Instagram page and see for yourself. Social media has come a long way in the last few years and people are using it to not only debut their work, but to build a steady fanbase for said work. And if you're not a fan of his acting you're wrong you might just become a fan of his skills with the lense. If neither of those tickle your fancy you're wrong you're more than welcome to check out his modeling.... photos of him tend to have some kind of old school/rebel without a cause vibe to them.... somewhere between James Dean, Wade "Cry-Baby" Walker, and 90s Leo DiCaprio. And that is nothing but a good thing.

While they both took time off from acting to attend NYU (impressive, much?), Dylan took a little longer to return to the field of acting than his brother did. He even took up working as a host in a restaurant, and while some people condemned him for it and couldn't quit spreading rumors that he had "lost all of his money" and was working in a "deeming service industry position"(why in the hell would someone do that?), he took it all in stride, saying: "To clear up the air (which is admittedly pretty rude), I did not take this job because I 'lost all my money', I am financially secure, and took this job as a way to primarily feed my over bountiful video game addiction…. I feel most comfortable when I'm working and doing something, to criticize someone of that is pretty odd. I will potentially return to acting someday, but in no way do I think any experience is a step down for me, but rather a new step in another direction."

Side note: I had to Google these guys, because I felt kind of weird about having as crush on the kids from the movie- Big Daddy. Luckily, I learned that they're only about 2.5 years younger than me.... so, now I only feel mildly strange and like a predator. (Buzzfeed tried to make me feel better about it).

Back in 2013, some photos of Dylan were "leaked" (also, we're using this whole term "leaked" too loosely these days).... by an ex-girlfriend.... and it was said to have ruined his "Disney image." Ruined his "Disney image?" Y'all do realize that one of this/these guys' first roles was as an orphan that named himself Frankenstein, swallows his own spit (after first seeing how far he can let it stretch out), "screws over" Microsoft, and trips people with sticks.... right?! Calm down, people don't stay ten forever. Besides, if it was a female whose ex-boyfriend "leaked" the photos, people would say that she is a "victim" but because he's a dude he's not? Bullshit. (Although, watching his brothers reaction to it is hilarious and I'm glad they can joke about in the long run). And no, I'm not trying to get into an argument about the whole men/women/victim/anything like that argument right now.... another day, perhaps.

Nothing needs to be said more than- Twitter Feuds.

While I love Cole (and Juggie!) and his engaging photography, the fact that Dylan is opening a meadery in Brooklyn and could literally make enough alcohol to get me consistently drunk for however long my little heart desires (as the youngest Brew Master in the US) is pretty impressive.

So.... can I just hang out with both of them and be lifelong friends?!

No comments:

Post a Comment