Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I've been really into "throwbacks" lately.

Yes, I'm posting about Throwback Thursday on a Tuesday (because I do what I want!).

I'm assuming that at this point, everybody is familiar with the term "Throwback Thursday." And I say that, because even though it's 2017, I am still stuck somewhere between 1997 and 2003.... and even I know what it is.

And if I'm "up" on the term, everybody else should be too, because to say I'm a late bloomer would be the understatement of this century. These damn kids and their slang terms. (Slang? Slang terms?)


Most people participate in this little social media trend, because nothing is more fun than digging up the oldies and the goodies.

That girl on Instagram posting too many workout pics that make you feel like a failure? Find a pic of her when she had bangs and braces. Girl (or guy, I'm not a hater!) on FB posting about how glamourous her life is and how much better than all of you she is?! Find and post a pic of that bitch from sixth grade. BECAUSE NONE OF US LOOKED GOOD IN SIXTH GRADE.

Of course, there are a million reasons to post "throwbacks" that have nothing to do with being a d*ck to someone.

Most of those reasons are the photos are funny and it usually spikes a debate on who had the worst hair (in my group of friends that answer is always me) and gets y'all talking and sharing memories. I'm not of the belief that you should live in the past, but sometimes, it is nice to take a little stroll down memory lane.

And to share embarrassing pictures that are so hilarious that they induce tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment