Saturday, October 14, 2017

When the phone guy cracks you the hell up.

Thursday evening, Momma, Aunt Poot, and I went and got our phones situated (our last ones have been out of commission for about seven or so months), and hilarity ensued.

The guy that worked at the Sprint store (I'm very sad that I can't recall his name) was working by himself and there was nothing short of a full man show going on. Not only was he on top of everything and got shit handled pretty quickly, but he also reduced Aunt Poot's bill and made us all laugh non-stop.

Do you ever just meet someone and you're immediately like "I need to be friends with this person" and y'all just start throwing crazy shit out there? That's what happened.


Among other things, we got to talking about piercings/tattoos and how some people actually get into things like that to try and explore and get in touch with their culture and ancestors (something that he has been easing into, as he recently found out that he is part West African). And how others do it and take it to the extreme just following a kind of "fad."

And once he and I got into talking about his background/culture, as he is also part Puerto Rican and Muslim, that's when hilarity started to ensue. You see, the reason I can't remember his name is because he has at least eight of them. Apparently in Hispanic culture it is custom for a man to receive not only his own two names, but also two surnames of his parents.

(Traditionally, a person's first surname is the father's first surname and the second is the mother's first surname.).

And then we had this conversation....
(side note: we're both around the same age)

Him: "Yeah, when I was seventeen I almost got deported when I went to get my license." Me: "Seriously?!" Him: "They didn't even know where they were going to send me, they were just gonna stick me in an internment camp until they figured it out." Me: "That's insane! I'm so glad that didn't happen to you. That would have been horrible!!" Him: "You're telling me, I'm from North Carolina." Me: ......... Him........

**and then we both busted out in a ridiculous fit of laughter**

No comments:

Post a Comment