Monday, November 20, 2017

The first day that I've listened to Christmas music on the radio (in 2017).

This morning when I got to work and turned on the radio the station that was set (old school rap channel.... because sometimes you just need a little Biggie and Eminem to get you through the day) it started playing Christmas music. I wasn't necessarily happy about it, because it still doesn't feel like it should be here yet (I swear me and Uncle D just took down Christmas 2016 decorations). However, I left it on, because Dani LOVES Christmas music. She's definitely one of "those" people.

She, of course, was thrilled and I just glared at her from across the room.... that is, until I got back from running some errands on my lunch break and had the office to myself and the radio played my absolute favorite.... Bing Crosby. (While I'm still not "holly jolly" Bing always help at least put me in a good mood).

Why is it not "that time of year" until I hear Bing Crosby? Well, because Bing is dreaming of a White Christmas, dammit. Not too mention that I insist on watching the movie White Christmas at least a few times around this time of year (and I also watch it year round.... and I'm not even sorry about it).


Momma and I have the tradition of watching White Christmas for the first time every holiday season on Thanksgiving night. With us staying with Aunt Poot/Uncle D until our house is ready, I'm not sure how this will work out.... but I'm sure if I asked they would probably be ok with watching it.

I mean, who doesn't like White Christmas? And if you say yourself or someone you know.... don't talk to me, we can't be friends. Seriously, I'm pretty sure we have nothing in common and I'll probably be convinced that you're evil and Satan reincarnate. Not to be dramatic or anything....

White Christmas was released in 1954, so it has existed long before I was thought of (and before Momma was thought of for that matter.... I think maybe Aunt Poot was born in 1954?).  And while I tend to be a bit of a Scrooge (I just never feel the "holly jolly holiday spirit"), there is nothing that beats this movie to me.

And a big part of that is Bing Crosby singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" (and of course, Danny Kaye dragging Bing into some of those crazy situations while holding his arm).

So, I guess no matter how insane it is that it's already "that time of year" already, hearing this on the radio does in fact confirm it.... I reckon that means Uncle D and I will be putting up Christmas decorations this Friday (because I officially have a four day weekend coming up and I'm not sad about it). Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment