Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Book em' Dano.... you don't like it?!.... I don't like it.... I think it's catchy.

I mentioned that I was watching Hawaii Five-O awhile back and back then I was only on season two. (And by "back then" I mean fifteen days ago). Now, I am about halfway through season five and still going strong. Do you know how rare it is for me to get into a series like this and actually keep interest long enough to get into season five? I mean, damn, Gina.

I've been trying to watch The Walking Dead for four years or so and I've given up on NUMEROUS series. Sure, I've finished the occasional- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Sirens, and I've finished "seasons" of shows.

But the fact that I usually give up somewhere between season two and three of a series is a given.

I once decided to watch all eight seasons of that show Dexter and I actually made it to the eighth season.... and with ten episodes in the ENTIRE series left.... I quit. Literally, I just stopped watching it and that was around four or five years ago (I think?) and I don't honestly remember enough to go back and finish, I would have to start completely over. And that's a no from me (for now).

And with Hawaii Five-O, I'm currently on Season Five, Episode Thirteen.

I felt that since I'm this far in and actually want to keep watching the show, not just forcing myself to watch it, that I should tell you some of my feelings thus far (but dear lord, not all of them, because there would be too many, because I have ALOT of feelings concerning this show).... with 105 episodes under my belt.

-I agree with Danny and Steve is a big soft cookie (all warm and gooey on the inside) and I want him to be happy and somebody to not break his heart and love him (other than Danny, which I am also ok with).
-Danny's ex-wife is a bitch and I don't like how she always uses their child to her advantage and demeans his role as a well-meaning and purely good father.
-Watching Steve strap Mary's baby to his chest and take care of her (including with the "sun hat") was adorable.
-Wo Fat lived way longer than any one man ever should have and I'm super glad that Steve shot him in the face, because that man was NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.
-I knew Jenna Kaye couldn't be trusted. (I based this entirely on the fact that she played Bianca in 10 Things I Hate About You).
-I was really #TeamCatherine and I loved her character and how badass she was and now I kind of want to kick her in the face for breaking Steve's little baby, cookie heart.
-(Speaking of pain in the ass woman that are in Steve's life) Doris is a pain in the ass and while she says "I'm doing it to help, I'm doing it to protect you, yadda yadda" that she's actually no help at all and only makes more trouble.
-Every single episode should have Kamekona in it and that's not a suggestion, that's a fact.
-I didn't think that I was gonna like Lou in the beginning.... but I'm glad I was wrong and he changed my mind.
-Lori Weston and Steve had a little "connection" and I was mostly against it, because I loved Catherine, but now knowing how Catherine turned out, I'm rooting for Lori again. (Plus, she was funny).
-If they don't quit torturing Steve, I'm gonna lose my shit.
-I want to trust Joe White, but I also don't trust Joe White as far as I can throw him.
-Kono is a certified badass and the fact that she not only chased the love of her life around the world (when he could've just been dead the entire time), but that she continues to kick "gang" ass is amazing.
-Protective Steve is the best Steve.
-Grace is adorable and they don't show her with Danno and Uncle Steve enough.
-Steve saving Danny's life and then Danny saving Steve's life is what I'm here for!!
-Terrorist hacker or not, I can't take a Jonas Brother seriously.
-Y'all, Chin Ho Kelly needs a damn break already! People have literally not stopped with this guy since the show started. (Although, I guess that's fair with all of the characters).
-Can we just talk about how sweet it was that when Kono missed her graduation that the guys (Steve, Danny, and Chin) threw her an impromptu one?!
-I like Hawaii Danny better than I think I would like Jersey Danny.
-This girlfriend of Danny's (Amber) is my favorite compared to the other girlfriend (Gabby) and his ex-wife (Rachel).
-Danny 150% told that guy he was going to kill him very soon for killing his brother.... and watching Danny in that scene was HEARTBREAKING.
-Now that I think about it.... alot of these scenes are heartbreaking.
-I want more of Danny's pain in the ass nephew Eric.
-Steve should have to be in uniform all. the. time. Danno should have to be in "relaxed" clothing all. the. time.
-Steve can give a speech like a motherf*cker.
-I like the second Governor better than the first.
-High ranking Military man: "You're going to have to step out." Danny: "Uh no, I'm gonna stay right here." High ranking Military man: "Excuse me?!!?!" Danny: "Yeah, see.... I'm not a soldier so you have no authority over me. So, I'm gonna stay right here with my boy." Me: "HAHAHAHHHAAA, YEEESSSSS, GGGOOOOO DDDANNNNYYY WWILLIAMS!!!"
-Steve and Danny should ride around in that tiny red toy car more often.
-How dare they let Chin Ho have that teeny tiny moment of happiness (marrying Malia) and then ripping it away even faster than it began (when she was murdered). Side note: Props to Adam for saving Kono, though.
-Oh, paranoid, but still mostly right Jerry.
-Of course, Daryl Dixon and Spike played International Fugitive brothers. *shaking my damn head*
-The "carguments" in this show would be severely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment