Monday, January 8, 2018

I'm knee-deep into bingeing and mad that I have to break to do adult things.

While we were living with Aunt Poot and Uncle D, they got me hooked on a few shows (like I needed any more shows to obsess about, but alas, here we are). I stopped watching a few after we moved back into our own place (sorry, Bull), but a few of them stuck around with me.

Most notably, Aunt Poot and I started the show SWAT together and I continue with it, MacGyver (how did I not know about this beforehand?!), picked Scorpion back up, and.... Hawaii Five-O.

Side note: Also, how have I not got into Hawaii Five-O before now? I am a HUGE Scott Caan fan ("Tweeder drank beers, because, well, Tweeder drinks beer") and I liked the other guy (Alex O'Loughlin) in that one episode of Criminal Minds, The Back-up Plan (holy hell, so damn hilarious!), and some other things I've seen him in, so what up?

Now I watch all of these shows regularly each week, but the thing is.... SWAT just started, I only missed half of a season with Scorpion, and MacGyver is only on its second season. Hawaii Five-O is currently on its eighth season, which means that I was SEVEN seasons behind. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but I wanted to be in on the inside jokes too.

That's when I discovered that seasons one through seven were all available for streaming on Netflix and needless to say, that's what I've been doing lately. I have two episodes left in the second season and then I'll be heading into the third (while still watching the eighth weekly). It cracks me up on the regular and since I'm this far in I thought I'd share some of the things that have cracked me up in just the (almost) two season thus far.

*McGarrett and Weston race up the Koko Head Stairs, Weston falls and hurts her ankle, Steve carries her down to the paramedics, they reconvene in the office later with Weston on crutches*

Danny: "Oh no, Gimpy, I got this one." Weston: "See?! Chivalry isn't dead." McGarrett: "I carried you down a mountain!"

*McGarrett and Danny arguing over Danny introducing Grace to his new girlfriend*

Steve: "Don't you want Grace to know you're happy?! You're her Daddy." Danny: "Hey. I am happy." Steve: "You're never happy." Danny: "I'm happy when I'm not around you." McGarrett: "That's a lie, too. You love me."

*while McGarrett and Danny are being "covert" and stealing information*

Danny: "I was still playing Ms. Pacman." McGarrett: "Oh, yeah? You ever make it to double pretzel level?" Danny: "Triple banana, bitch." McGarrett: "You're a liar."

No comments:

Post a Comment