Tuesday, April 17, 2018

I fell asleep at 7:43 pm and when the hell did I get this old?

I've been fighting a head cold for about a week now and it's not going so well.... if you don't believe me, ask my migraine.

I'm currently drinking a Coke, because apparently I have a minor addiction problem with caffeine? That's up for debate (no, it's not), but I decided since I've already tried ibuprofen and allergy meds, it was worth a shot.

Speaking of allergy meds, I took a double dose of some last night (this head cold is getting the best of me), and while I used to be able to stay up for days on end with nothing but Mountain Dew and sure will, I took those meds and passed out on the couch.... at 7:43pm.

Party girl, I am not.

Not only did I pass out at 7:43pm (along with Tayder, because he's sleepy round the clock with me and Momma, because she's had to take meds too), but I apparently started sleepwalking again and made pudding (the kind that you cook), turned off our heat (it was 58° when I got up this morning), and text Danielle in a panic, because I woke up at 8:03pm (yes, only twenty minutes later) convinced that I was late for work.

I kind of remember that part? All I remember is I woke up in a panic (I do that pretty often.... it's the result of ongoing insomnia and night terrors), seen that there was light outside (this whole "time change" thing ruins my life at least twice a year), and text her "Dude, I 157# overslept. I just woke up, I'll be there asap." Needless to say, she was very confused and about a minute later I had to send her a follow up text that said, "And never mind, because it's f*cking nighttime. Sorry, I dozed off and woke up really damn confused."

You'll be happy to know that she was both extremely confused and cracking up at me at the same time. And no, I don't know what "157#" was supposed to mean. I'm assuming I meant to say 157% (I'm dramatic), and hit the wrong button in my haze.

Now I just want to go home, eat, drink wine, and watch Netflix. (Which is coincidentally what I always want to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment