Friday, May 31, 2019

Our kitchen floor is FINALLY (almost) done.

Back in March I mentioned that D and I had decided to start some "home renovation" projects. Nothing too huge (although eventually we will have to tackle the bathroom and the thought of that makes me break out in hives), and lord knows with the way I feel and my attention span, it's been a bit of a challenge.

The living room painting is still not completed (all walls need at least one more coat and the trim needs finished), but the ceiling is painted, so there's that. Oh yeah, I have decided to paint all of the ceilings in our house black and all the trim charcoal by the way.... I like the darkness and living in a "cave."

The biggest thing that we've done thus far is our kitchen floor. I got this random idea (thanks, Pinterest and every DIY blog ever written) that creating our floor out of pallets would be a fantastic idea.

It's been a stressful couple of months living in a "construction zone" but this past Memorial Day weekend (three days!) we FINALLY finished it.... mostly. I say mostly only because it has to have it's final "leveling" layer of polyurethane applied, but other than that IT'S DONE.

Our kitchen is kind of normal again, and the next project in there is D is gonna build cabinets with an attached counter, because we literally have NO counter space. And very little cabinet space. And of course, we have to paint (the ceiling is going to be black), and I think we've settled on the walls being a navy blue. Who knows when all of this will get done, but since I plan on living in our house until I die (because f*ck moving), we've got some time.

But y'all, the biggest hurdle in there (the floor) is FINALLY (mostly) done. And yes, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment